Baby Showers

First shower went...ok

My MIL hosted our first shower this past weekend. I was worried because she was soooo late sending invitations (and some didn't even get sent apparently, but I tried not to stress about it). She ended up not sending one to my husband's stepmom even though the rest of his family were invited...and it kind of upset her, so that was the only snafu other than my husband's brothers were in charge of decorations, so that was...interesting/nonexistant. haha

But we ended up having a pretty good turnout, didn't play games (like I wanted) and got some pretty good stuff (even some things from our registry and not too many clothes or diapers, like I expected). I also didn't cry like I feared since it's becoming so "real" now -- I was a little confused about some of the gifts, though, but we all got a good laugh about it. So overall, I guess it went pretty ok, which I was excited about.

My family's shower is next weekend, and I hope it turns out ok too. Good luck to the rest of you -- I know I have heard some horror stories, so that has made me nervous!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: First shower went...ok

• I'm glad things went OK.  It is too bad your MIL didn't share the guest list with you so you could make sure everyone you wanted to invite were.  Maybe she is not good at delegating work (BIL's decorating).  You just never know what you might get as gifts...but I'm sure every one of them was chosen because the gift-giver thought it was what you needed/wanted.  You will probably still get clothes at your next shower and even after baby is born.  Plus Christmas is coming up...and really what do you get a newborn...except clothes, a few toys to 'grow into" and maybe some first foods in the stocking.  lol
  • Yah, I was worried about getting too many clothes and diapers because I have already bought several items that I found on super sale, but I'm trying to get various sizes. And I've stocked up a little on diapers too that I found on sale.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • My fear is getting clothes. I have enough for 2 babies already.

I hope no one buys me disposable diapers because I'm cloth diapering lol.

Otherwise, I'm extremely thankful of whatever anyone gets me.

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"