3rd Trimester
Options

Speaking of panties...

Please explain these mesh panties to me!  I am def a FTM in this area; I have no clue what these even look like.  As I mentioned in another post how do they have all sizes available?  I would be so embarassed if I were too big for the hospital undies!  I was planning on bringing some old ones of my own just in case.  When I had the cervical surgery/stitch they never gave me underwear.  They had this sanitary pad thing like wedged between my legs and I was sitting on the "wee wee" pads.  They'd come in and pull the pad back to check for bleeding.  Am I going to have to take my undies down everytime they wanna check after the baby's born?

And why the hell are they mesh?  LOL

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Speaking of panties...

• Options
    They were like fishnet boy shorts at my hospital.  As for sizes, I don't know...they fit.  They give you a giant pad to put in them for the bleeding.  My nurses, would just come in and yank at them to check the pad for excessive bleeding.  I have no idea why they are mesh.  Probably disposable and cheap??  They actually aren't too uncomfortable and can fit a huge pad and a diaper of ice.  Also, I was so sore, I could have cared less what I was wearing down there...lol.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I am a big girl and they fit me; they are mesh so that they can stretch to magnificent proportions haha.  I think they are ridiculously uncomfortable but that is my personal opinion. Just google mesh panties postpartum and it will give you some idea; but definitely don't worry about them not fitting. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Or check out this blog to get a great example haha https://airmansbaby.blogspot.com/2010/01/my-first-trip-to-l-or-mesh-panty.html
  • Options

Can you bring a pair of your own to wear instead of their mesh panties? Because I was just going to bring some of my old ones I use for period panties, lol. Which do you think is a better choice?

• Options

Are they see through?  See through material equals itchy and uncomfortable in my mind.  Seems some big cotton ones would feel better.  IDK but this is just odd and almost comical to me.  I'm picturing rib high see through undwear with giant pads and ice packs poking out the bottom.  I might just wrap myself up in the wee wee pad LOL

At least I know they will fit if I run out of my own!

• Options
    Not all hospitals give them out.  I would bring your own. 
  • Options

They're gigantic and stretchy, so I think they're one size fits all. They give you the huge sanitary pad which you stick on separately.

No, they don't check your hoo-haw as often as you think. I had an episiotomy and I think they checked the wound at least once. I'm sure if you come out unscathed, they don't check you. You're so tired, out of it, and everyone and their mom have seen your vag, that you really don't care if they check down there. Trust me.

They look scary, but they're simply awesome. Grab as many as the hospital gives you to take home with you. I also re-washed a few pairs that I had so I could keep wearing them once they were gone. They were loose and comfy.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Married since 06/19/2004|Anna born 11/19/2006|Charles born 11/1/11
    Double undergrad graduation May 2011| Me: Psychology, DH: Communication| A long journey!
    <a href="http://s21.photobucket.com/albums/b268/gussiebutt/?action=view
  • Options
    imageHeatherK524:

Can you bring a pair of your own to wear instead of their mesh panties? Because I was just going to bring some of my old ones I use for period panties, lol. Which do you think is a better choice?

I don't think you realize how much you'll be bleeding. You'll soak your underwear in blood in a matter of minutes. Also, if you tear or get an episiotomy... or even if you have a c-section, regular underwear will be too uncomfortable and painful to wear at first.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Married since 06/19/2004|Anna born 11/19/2006|Charles born 11/1/11
    Double undergrad graduation May 2011| Me: Psychology, DH: Communication| A long journey!
    <a href="http://s21.photobucket.com/albums/b268/gussiebutt/?action=view
  • Options
    They are like mesh/fishnet panties that the hospital gives you. I am pretty sure they're like a one size fits all because they stretch so much, but they are AMAZING! I had a C-section, so they didn't irritate my incision. I loved them so much, I asked the nurse for extras to take home with me! 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie - (uREA)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

imagedesine77:
    Or check out this blog to get a great example haha https://airmansbaby.blogspot.com/2010/01/my-first-trip-to-l-or-mesh-panty.html

lol love it! 

FTM here, but everyone that I have heard (really read, since it was all on the bump) talking about them absolutely loved them! 

photo 22e3a93e-8933-4ed0-acf4-72665341621b_zpsd73ca8f6.jpgp>

"What did my fingers do before they held you? What did my heart do with it's love?"

CafeMom Tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest

• Options

I personally freakin' LOVED the mesh undies. They hold the big pads and ice pack pads pretty well and are super comfortable.

I took several home last time, and I plan on grabbing even more this time (same goes with the ice pack pads).

• Options
    I liked the mesh underwear. They were comfortable and I went through quite a few while I was in the hospital.  I took home all of them that were in my room the day I was discharged and wore them at home for a week after.  The ones at my hospital were boy shorts and not see through.
    photo a42489fa-98a3-436b-b31b-266d7d204e5d_zpsde5f201a.jpg
    my read shelf:
    Molly's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I'm gonna bring some of my own just in case still but I'll wear them if they feel ok.  These little details, you just never know.  Like I learned already I hate the hospital's pads; they wouldn't work for me during a period least of all heavy post partum bleeding.  Def bringing my own pads. 
  • Options
    I work as a nurse and we have the mesh underwear, its like one size fits all cuz its super super stretchy. Its not anything like fishnet stockings, its not really mesh but more spandex but more breathable, so maybe super fine mesh. They can go up super high above your c-section incsion (if u have a c-section) and are super comfortable. They are kinda like boy shorts, guys and girls wear them. When you are in the hospital the nurse will monitor your flow... you will have to just pull them down to show her or once you develop a realtionship just tell her whats its like when you go to the BR. Dont be scared of the mesh, they arnt scary at all lol
  • Options
    I think they were kinda one size fits all? I hated those damn things. As soon as I got home I put on my own underwear. Some women love the damn things and find them so comfortable.
  • Options
    imageHeatherK524:

Definately stick with the hospital provided attire because immediately after birth, you bleed a ridiculous amount. By the time I went home two days later, I could wear period panties and normal heavy pads and not worry about a massacre.

• Options
    We use these some at e long term facility I work at. We actually have 2 sizes for our patients. M/L and XXL
  • Options
    I'll wear them now, where can I buy them?
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    I hated the ones at my hospital when I had my last little one. They were uncomfortable and the pads were rock hard. I followed the advice of my best friend... Wear Depends or another brand of adult diaper. They are way more comfortable and just as absorbant. I changed into the Depends as soon as I could and was way more comfy.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"