Baby Names

Family names as FN - Poll

The post about Daly earlier had me thinking because DH wants to use one of our family names.

[Poll]
TTC #1 since January 2011
CD3 & 7DPO B/W Normal except TSH - Low
Dx Autoimmune Thyroid Disease - 8/2011

Re: Family names as FN - Poll

• I voted for none of the above. If you absolutely HAD to use one, i'd go with Bracken.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I'm sorry, but I think those are all terrible as first names.  They're all bad to me... but especially Peek.  Imagine all of the ridicule that could induce.
  • Loading the player...
  • Obviously I'm biased - I just didn't expect the big NO on Peek!

I was possibly willing to 'negotiate' Bracken or Peek to the list, but currently rethinking using any of them... DH may just have to lose out on this one...

TTC #1 since January 2011
    CD3 & 7DPO B/W Normal except TSH - Low
    Dx Autoimmune Thyroid Disease - 8/2011
  • Maybe as a middle name. That's it.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• no way! yeah sorry, Peek is just bad! 
    imageimage

• They are all AWFUL as fn's. If you must.......make one a mn.

B.R.C. 5/08-- N.R.C. 5/10--S.R.C. 3/14
  • IMO Bracken sounds like/evokes "brackish."  One meaning of which is "repulsive" or bad to the taste.  I'd avoid.
  • imagebrooklynesque:
    IMO Bracken sounds like/evokes "brackish."  One meaning of which is "repulsive" or bad to the taste.  I'd avoid.

This. All of them are pretty horrifying as first names. I'd advise you against it. Sorry!

• I'm surprised no-one liked Watters even a little bit.  That's the one that could possibly work IMO!
    C ~ Spring 2006 Baby! Photobucket
  • Definitely do not like any of those names as first names. However, what if you found names similar in meaning (since that is how last names originated anyway).

For instance, instead of Peek, you maybe look up the meaning of mountain or mountain top and you'll find a lot of crazy ones, but some usuable ones like Cierra. For Watters (I typed in water) you'll find Kiandra. Just an idea. Maybe not the #1 names I'd use, but there might be something you like or could alter to your liking.

(PS did you know that Seven apparently means "giving sweet water" lol, okay?!)

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageRamby:

The post about Daly earlier had me thinking because DH wants to use one of our family names.

A Bracken is a large fern. The others would be awful as well. Sorry. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"