Trouble TTC

WW3TD? (Re: Prog)

Short history: Had a MC in Feb. When I had my p4 drawn for it it was 6.6 at 5w4d, of course this was after the MC spotting had started but this was when we were trying on our own and didn't have a starting P4 to compare it to. Coupled with the MC and spotting I had (cycle I got my BFP I spotted from 7dpo-11dpo) my OB put me in Prometrium supps. For two cycles following the MC I had 7dpo P4 drawn- one cycle it was 11.7 and the other 15.5. Then we moved on to our RE who told me he thought the Prometrium was not needed. I had one final P4 drawn at 34.1 but I was also on Femara and Ovidrel. 

Now.. we're doing natural cycles for a while.. No meds, etc. I still have Prometrium and there's a huge part of me who feels really good about this cycle (only to crush me worse later). The irrational, crazy, lost-my-baby side says that I should take the Prometrium this cycle. I'm 3dpo today so it would start tonight. I rationally realize that 11 and 15 P4 drawings are normal but if the prometrium can't hurt, why not? If there was ANYTHING I could do, why not do it?

WW3TD? Thanks ladies. I'd me so emotionally lost w/o you.  

imageimage. image 

|| 4 years TTC, 2 M/Cs image 4 failed IUIs, 1 failed IVF || 

|| DIA brought us our beautiful daughter || 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: WW3TD? (Re: Prog)

• I'm no dr, but my RE once said you can never have to much progesterone. She said when we were trying on our own that the moment I got a bfp we should call to get labs done, and start supps if needed. So i guess I don't really have an answer, but I hope my words help you somehow...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I would take it if it makes you feel better. Even when I was told I could stop taking it I asked if I could stay on it when I left my RE until I meet with my OB. And if it doesn't happen this month just stop taking them. It can't hurt you to use them. Good luck to you!

Married: 5/09 ~ TTC Since: 10/10 ~ PCOS ~ Progesterone from 10/10 - 2/11 ~ HSG on 3/18 - Clear ~ Started Metformin 1000mg & Clomid 50mg 2/11 ~ Metformin upped to 1500mg 4/6 ~ 6/7 Now going to SG and put on Clomid, Ovidrel, Gonal F, Prometrium, Estrace ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP!!!!!! March 6th our little man was born. 

6/17/13 - Ovidrel, Follistim, Prometrium ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP! March 17th our St. Pattys day baby arrived

10/29/17 - Started process for IVF, got pregnant & miscarried a 2nd time since summer. 2/22 started stims - Menopur, Gonal F, Cetrotide - retrieval 3/6 - , PIO, estrace 3xday - FET 4/18 = Beta 1: 616; Beta 2: 1342 = BFP 

• Loading the player...
  • Thanks, girls!! :) 
    imageimage. image 

|| 4 years TTC, 2 M/Cs image 4 failed IUIs, 1 failed IVF || 

|| DIA brought us our beautiful daughter || 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"