Babies on the Brain

Dh's cousin is such a twat

A while back over the summer I posted about her posting a picture she took with her cell phone of a random girl she saw at the state fair. The caption she wrote was mocking the girl calling her fat and disgusting. I posted that it was really unkind and that she didn't know the girl's story and it made me sad that she had no compassion. A lot of other people chimed in after I commented saying the same thing, that she shouldn't judge people and it wasn't nice, etc. She went on and on saying she wasn't sorry and that fat people should diet and they are gross and unhealthy. 

I hid her after that. It was the 2nd time she had posted a picture of a bigger person just to mock them. I didn't delete her b/c there is already some tension with dh's family for a whole other reason and I didn't want to add to it. 

Fast forward to today. I just got a new cell phone and I put my memory card into it and it somehow must have formatted it when I put it in and deleted every. single. picture. I am devastated b/c it was every picture I have of Linc with my phone since he was born, almost 300. The worst part is that most of Linc's first 2 months were taken with my phone b/c I was too tired, busy, sore, and stuck in my chair nursing, to fiddle with my DSLR much. I also had videos of him, that were the only videos I have of his early months.

Needless to say I was seeing red. So I posted a fb status that said Fvck Fvck Fvckity Fvck.

Twaty cousin, seems to have just been waiting for a chance to jump on something I posted and comments, "Wow! I can't believe you posted a status as such! Classy...And your a school teacher? :/

I deleted her. 

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Dh's cousin is such a twat

• what a biitch. Seriously? I am glad you deleted her

Photobucket  Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Have you tried to see if your phone carrier can find your pictures?  Dh lost his contacts when his phone broke.  They were able to go back and pull them from his phone card. 
  • Loading the player...
  • imageMysterious_wife:
    Have you tried to see if your phone carrier can find your pictures?  Dh lost his contacts when his phone broke.  They were able to go back and pull them from his phone card. 

They were all saved onto the phone card. It is empty. The folders that they were in are still there, but they are all empty. I put them in the computer adapter to see if they would show up on the computer, but they are just gone. 

I'm heartsick.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • She is a twat. And I'm so sorry about your pictures. :(
    JHL 12/5/09 - 12/9/09
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Oh no! I'm so sorry you lost all of those pics.  
    I think the delete was well deserved.

You know me. +6k Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Jumping in real quick:

I used to work for a major carrier.  Each phone comes with a new SD card.  By any chance do you think you swapped them? Also, did the anyone help you set up your new phone in store?  If so, they might have done a back-up of your old phone and the pics possibly could be save there.  As well, have  you posted any of them online?  If so, you can put them back on your phone.  Just a couple of tips.  I used to see this all the time, and I know how devastating this can be. 

On another note, what b!tch!  Screw her and not in the good way!!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagesteph141:

Jumping in real quick:

I used to work for a major carrier.  Each phone comes with a new SD card.  By any chance do you think you swapped them? Also, did the anyone help you set up your new phone in store?  If so, they might have done a back-up of your old phone and the pics possibly could be save there.  As well, have  you posted any of them online?  If so, you can put them back on your phone.  Just a couple of tips.  I used to see this all the time, and I know how devastating this can be. 

On another note, what b!tch!  Screw her and not in the good way!!!

No, I didn't swap them. I checked just to be sure. It was weird, when I first tried to look at my pictures on the new phone it showed the 3 folders they were in and that there were pictures there, but when I tried to look at them each thumbnail was just a question mark, like it couldn't read them or something. I didn't have time to mess with it at the time so I figured I would just pull them up and transfer them to my computer later. When I went to look at them again, they were just gone. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm sorry.  Did you check with the store to see if they had done a back up just in case?  Often times when switching from one brand of phone to another especially if you've waited the two years for your upgrade, the technology differs, and it can do weird things to your formatting.  Try to put it back in your old phone to see if it comes up as well.  Keep me posted.  I called DH (he's a store manager) to see what he thought.  I'm waiting on a call back!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"