Attachment Parenting
Options

Something amazing...

DD1 (21/2) is a little itch and NEVER sits still, and really wont sit in a stroller for that long. (we only ever used a bjourn for baby wearing with her, I really regret that) I made a mei tai for dd2 and its pretty big so I decided to just try dd1 on my back with it. She  LOVED it! I cooked dinner wearing her and it was so nice because I didn't have to stop every two minutes to see what she was up to. H then said if I made one that was manly he would wear her when we go out! I know she is getting a little old but she is on the small side (only in the 5th%) so I am hoping we can get a little time out of it.

When I went to get her out she begged to stay in because she wanted to "snuggle with mama." My heart just melted.

DD1 | Jan 2009
DD2 | June 2011
DS1 | Oct 2013
   ADD3 | Oct 2014 (April 2001)
DS2 | June 2016
DS3 | Dec 2018

Due with baby blob August 2021

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Something amazing...

• Options

I think it's awesome that you found a way to wear DD1 and get some stuff done! I haven't done a back carry, but I still wear dd in a Maya wrap around the house and it's the only way I can complete chores

"DD1 (21/2) is a little itch "

I'm a little confused by the first sentence of your post though. Are you calling your daughter a little b!tch, or am I misunderstanding? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagelisa5201:

I think it's awesome that you found a way to wear DD1 and get some stuff done! I haven't done a back carry, but I still wear dd in a Maya wrap around the house and it's the only way I can complete chores

I'm a little confused by the first sentence of your post though. Are you calling your daughter a little b!tch, or am I misunderstanding? 

lol no! A little itch as in she doesn't sit still. Sorry! It's probably a family saying.

DD1 | Jan 2009
    DD2 | June 2011
    DS1 | Oct 2013
       ADD3 | Oct 2014 (April 2001)
    DS2 | June 2016
    DS3 | Dec 2018

Due with baby blob August 2021

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageGwyneddlesliegrace:
    imagelisa5201:

lol no! A little itch as in she doesn't sit still. Sorry! It's probably a family saying.

Phew! I was hoping you meant she was itchy as in couldn't sit still. I'm glad I was reading that wrong! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    That is awesome!  I, too, have recently found the love of wearing an older baby.  Good luck keeping it up!
  • Options
    imageGwyneddlesliegrace:
    imagelisa5201:

I was a little confused by this also and when I began reading I first read it as b!tch but then re-read it and figured out that wasn't what it said (or meant). I am glad you clarified though. 

It is awesome that you found out DD#1 likes to be worn. Better late than never right? And if she is small for her age I think it would certainly be worth it to make a "manly" MT for your DH to wear her. 

• Options
    imageGwyneddlesliegrace:

I know she is getting a little old but she is on the small side (only in the 5th%) so I am hoping we can get a little time out of it.

Whatev! DD is a year older than your DD, and I still wear her frequently. She asks to be worn and absolutely loves it still, as do I. She's also small (<3%; 28#, 36") so I think her wearing days will go a bit longer still.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"