Babies on the Brain

Someone explain this to me re: daycare labels

I've seen posts on other boards about what to do about labeling stuff for daycare and the answer is almost always the same:  someone links to a site where you can buy personalized labels.

Is this just another one of those things that only people on the Bump do?  I mean, I label the boys' stuff for daycare, but I do what (IMO) a normal person would do.  I write their name on their stuff with a Sharpie or use a labelmaker on the things I can't/don't want to label with a Sharpie.

I've wondered this for a long time, but it came to me again tonight as I replaced the labels on the caps of Isaac's bottles because they were peeling.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Someone explain this to me re: daycare labels

• I'm assuming here, but I think that's a bump thing.
    JHL 12/5/09 - 12/9/09
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I've been in this business for 4 years and have NEVER come across with someone who has a professionally made label.  Either they use sharpies or don't label it because they don't care if it comes home.  
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Little Man (4 years old---holy cow)
    He's the single greatest thing I've done in my life and reminds me daily of how fun (and funny) life can be.  He's turned out pretty swell for having such a heartless and evil mother.  
  • Loading the player...
  • Good ole sharpie works for us.  The labels must be a Bump thing. 
  • I don't know if it's a bump thing.  I resisted them for a while, but was sick of replacing label maker labels, and I refuse to mark up everything with a sharpie.  I finally caved and ordered inchbug label bands, and some other barnd of sticky labels for both bottles/containers and clothing.  One of the best investments I have made childwise.

Edit to fix my horrible spelling/typing.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageBallSox:
    I've been in this business for 4 years and have NEVER come across with someone who has a professionally made label.  Either they use sharpies or don't label it because they don't care if it comes home.  

See, that's what I thought.  I did daycare from 2000-2005 and never saw a professional label like the ones people are using either.  I thought maybe times had changed.

I still think it's stupid.

• My mom had iron on labels made for all our stuff when we went to camp.  

And that was back in the 1980's.   

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • A lot of kids/moms I know have these silicone bands that slip around their kids water bottles and lunch boxes. Is that what you mean? 

https://www.inchbug.com/?s_kwcid=name bands|7397062964&gclid=CNWUy_77-qoCFeZ05Qod6VLm3g 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Not necessarily. When I worked at a daycare a few (when I worked at the expensive center, most) of the parents had personalized labels. I usually saw the inchbug labels.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers imageimage
  • When it comes to L's bottles, they have color coded stickers that I'd have to use regardless of what I had on his bottles, so I just use those and write our last name on them in the morning.  
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Little Man (4 years old---holy cow)
    He's the single greatest thing I've done in my life and reminds me daily of how fun (and funny) life can be.  He's turned out pretty swell for having such a heartless and evil mother.  
  • imagebancbev:
    I don;t know if it's a bump thing.  I resisted them for a while, but was sick of replacing label maker labels, and I refuse to mark up everything with a sharpie.  I finally caved and order inchbug label bands, and som other barnd of sticky labels for both bottles/containers and clothing.  One of the best investments I have made childwise.

I guess I can see that.  And I'm pretty fastidious about what I will mark with a Sharpie (the occasional tag on a blanket, everything else gets a label maker label).  I just haven't had a problem with the labels coming off.  The only ones I ever have to replace are on the bottle caps.

• I used the inchbug labels and LOVED not having to worry about re-writing his name on bottles when it wore off.
  • Like Bev, I caved, and I wholeheartedly agree it was worth it.  I use mabel's labels and love them.  I tried an Etsy seller but was really disappointed.

You know me. +6k Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I got some (Oliver's labels) and love them.  I used the clothing ones for his lovey and bedding.  These are washed weekly and haven't needed to be replaced (1yr & counting).  He only has 1 sippy at school and I haven't had to replace that label yet either. 

I did see that another parent was using labels as well.  

PhotobucketBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My coworker uses masking tape and a sharpie. I might buy labels but that's because I love labels.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"