Austin Babies
Options

Traveling ?s

Okay so we're leaving for our trip tomorrow.  Our take off time is around the time that DS eats.  It would be easy to just get him something from the food court and feed him while we're in the air.  But his diaper rash came back last night and so we don't want to give him any foods that he's never had before.  The dang baby food we give him is 4 oz.  

Will they make me get rid of them?  

Highly unlikely but do they even sell baby food once you get through security?  

What about milk bottles?  I know they usually let you on with breast milk but probably not cow's milk right?  I figured we'd just take empty bottles through security and grab some milk at Starbucks.   

Lastly, any words of wisdom?  I've been calm this whole time but now I'm starting to have doubts.

DS will have his own little rolling backpack full of stuff.  I've got snacks galore.  We will be taking the ipad with episodes of Bubble Guppies and the Cars movie. But I'm hoping he'll just wear himself out running through the airport for two hours before we board.  

Re: Traveling ?s

• Options

You should be 100% fine to bring the baby food through.  I've brought jars of baby food, cups of applesauce, etc.  The only thing they might do is open the top and run a quick test on it (usually waving a strip of paper over the top).  I also take milk (and before that, formula) without issue.  You just need to pack anything liquid in a Ziploc bag.

Don't be nervous.  Especially if your husband is going along.  Two adults and one kid is really no big deal!  Have fun. 

the bug & bee blog
    (read it. you know you want to.)
    anderson . september 2008
    vivian . february 2010
    mabel . august 2012
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Kid/baby food stuff, I put in a small lunch bag and I've never had to open it.  I jsut say this is the kid food and here is my baggy of liquids (personal hygiene :))
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yup.  Ditto the others - you should be allowed to take a reasonable amount of baby food/drink with no problems.  I kept all of DD's stuff in its own ziploc bags and let them go through the scanner.  No one even mentioned them, questioned the amount, or even requested to give them any secondary screening.  We didn't bring milk/juice, though.  We just bought all that once we got through security because I didn't want to mess with trying to keep milk cold.
  • Options
    FYI, here's something from the TSA that says it's ok: https://www.tsa.gov/travelers/airtravel/children/index.shtm"Medications, baby formula and food, breast milk, and juice are allowed in reasonable quantities exceeding 3.4 ounces (100ml) and are not required to be in the zip-top bag. Officers may ask travelers to open these items to conduct additional screening and passengers should declare them for inspection at the checkpoint."
  • Options

Just to add to PPs...you can buy bottles of milk at pretty much all the snack shops, food places in the airport if you don't want to bother schleping one more thing. 

Make sure to bring an extra outfit for your LO in your carry-on.  I just got back from a trip with my 4yo.  He was good about the potty but managed to spill apple juice all over himself on the plane...

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"