November 2011 Moms
Options

Sciatica/back pain

Hey ladies, so yesterday while at work I developed really bad low back pain/sciatica. By the time I got home I could hardly walk and I get a shooting pain in my buttock and half the time down my leg as well. I was just curious if anyone else has taken anything other then tylenol for this? I can only imagine it will get worse the farther along I get. TIA
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Sciatica/back pain

• Options

I had it with both of my pregnancies before this one and Im sure i will have it again. It is horrible and there is nothing to take really. My doc said Tylenol and that is about it.

Now that it is happening but careful because the pain has the power to drop you to the ground in pain. GL!

• Options
    go to the chiropractor! this really helped mine when i had it last month.  GL
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I have gotten this same pregnancy symptom.  Many ladies on here will recommend a chiropractor, but I don't care for their abrasive ways and the subsequent pain, so I am recommending a pregnancy massage.  I had a massage the other day and she found several knots along my sciatica, which she then worked out.  The baby didn't like it (apparently that part of a woman's body is like a cradle to them and when it's worked on baby consequently has to move).  I feel so much better and can walk fine.  My insurance covers the cost of a massage and, quite frankly, what pregnat lady doesn't want to be massaged for an hour anyway? 

Good luck and feel better soon! Smile 

• Options
    Really, the tylenol and massage will only mask the issue.  The chiropractor will fix it for you.  If your insurance pays for chiropractic care, I recommend it 100%!  (Coming from someone who had a horrible hip injury years ago that came with TERRIBLE sciatica...and thats all that has helped).  Hope you feel better!
  • Options

imagejkanyugi:
    Really, the tylenol and massage will only mask the issue.  The chiropractor will fix it for you.  If your insurance pays for chiropractic care, I recommend it 100%!  (Coming from someone who had a horrible hip injury years ago that came with TERRIBLE sciatica...and thats all that has helped).  Hope you feel better!

Im happy that the chiropractor was able to help you but I was not able to get any relief from them. 

• Options
    Tylenol doesn't do anything for me. I was prescribed Tylenol with codeine because I was having horrible horrible pain to the point where I couldn't even walk but I try to use it as little as possible and most days I can get by with just using heat and ice.
  • Options

This is obviously sciatica. The best natural relief is stretching the muscles of the back, butt and hamstrings. Gentle Yoga will provide you with the exercises that you need.

Applying hot and cold packs to the lower back will also relieve the pain and aid recovery. 

Best of luck

https://www.symptomssciatica.com/

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"