Philadelphia Babies

I Need Help Finding Affordable Birthing Classes

I'm giving birth to my first child (a boy) and my Doctor recommended I take some birthing classes to help alleviate whatever anxieties I might have. The Problem is that The cheapest class I've been able to find is $130 and that's just to much for me to spend right now. Know any places under $100?

Re: I Need Help Finding Affordable Birthing Classes

• I took it at Holy reedemer. It was $85 i think and I got $50 back from my insurance.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Not sure where you live, but Main Line Health hospitals (Lankenau, Bryn Mawr, Paoli) offer them for $100, and our insurance covered them in full.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm taking mine for free at Temple Hospital... If you are close to the area let me know and I will send you the contact info.
    ~Caleb~ If i could have a lifetime wish, a dream that would come true, I'd pray to God with all my heart, for yesterday and you. D&E 8/24/2012 EDD 1/28/2013 ___________________________________________________ Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Ours was 130 and we got 50 back via a rebate from our insurance as well.

We have Blue Cross Blue Shield Personal Choice. I think if you have anyform of Blue Cross it should apply:

A healthy pregnancy, a healthy start.

Baby BluePrints covers each stage of your pregnancy ? and beyond ? by providing:
    • healthy pregnancy education;
    • risk factor identification and health assessments throughout your pregnancy;
    • parenting class reimbursement* up to $50 (childbirth preparation, sibling, prenatal exercise, etc.)
    • lactation consultant reimbursement* up to $100 ? to locate a lactation consultant, visit the International Lactation Consultant Association (ILCA) website;
    • exclusive discounts on the Saving Baby?s Cord Blood? program from CorCell?;
    • Mother?s Option? Program ? if all goes well with your delivery, a choice of a shorter hospital stay after delivery with home care visits or a standard stay;
    • breast pump reimbursement* up to $50;
    • Quit&Fit? ?a free telephone-based tobacco cessation program to help moms-to-be and members of their households quit smoking.

Review our Baby BluePrints brochures for information about each phase of your pregnancy.

imageimageimage
    BabyFruit Ticker

Anniversary
  • Don't know where you are located, but I took some with my 1st child in 2008 and I believe it was like $50. I took a couple and I think the bundle for a couple of classes was like $130 or something like that at DCMH. (Upper Darby area)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Check the hospital you plan to deliver at.  I took mine last year at St. Mary's in Bucks County, it was about $55.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"