November 2011 Moms
Options

Some people....

So today I was at WalMart (ugh, I know...bad start from the get-go). I had to pick up some supplies for a bridal shower I am throwing for a co-worker on Friday, so I figured i'd get some candy for everyone to snack on (who doesn't love candy?) So i'm looking around and an older man who works there says "can I help you find something?"...just then i saw the candy aisle behind him so i say "no thanks, i was just looking for the candy aisle but i just found it!" Ok, no joke...he looks at me, looks at my belly then says "oh you shouldn't be going in the candy aisle". I had no response. I almost cried though...I had just finished with my 30 week appointment and got weighed and it was not good so I was already fragile. What makes people think they have the right to comment about everything a pregnant woman does??? SO rude! So I tell the girls at work and the are absolutely appalled that something like that happened. At least it made for a good story!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Some people....

• Options

What is wrong with people??? 

I was at Walmart this afternoon, also, with DD, and some older man (not an employee) said hi to her, then said "That's a face only a mother could love."  WTF?!?!?!?!  I gave him this look of horror that he would tell my little girl that!  The woman with him also looked appropriately horrified and gave me permission to break his finger.  Then I think it dawned on him what he said, like he hadn't meant to say something negative, and he then started saying how cute she is.  But still. 

I hear all the time about how I must be ready to pop ("What?  You still have two months?  Wow- that's some big baby!") but that doesn't bother me so much.  Tell my 20 month old daughter that she's ugly and it's a whole different story.

• Options
     Omg. I would definately had a really hard time not throat punching either of those terrible miserable people!!! Some people are just dumb!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Cruel man...absolutely no tact.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

If they only knew what these comments do to us!  I get told that I am getting huge all the time and they believe it to be a compliment. "Interesting"

~Caleb~ If i could have a lifetime wish, a dream that would come true, I'd pray to God with all my heart, for yesterday and you. D&E 8/24/2012 EDD 1/28/2013 ___________________________________________________ Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageoctoberwed2008:
     Omg. I would definately had a really hard time not throat punching either of those terrible miserable people!!! Some people are just dumb!

For real!!! Omg...My immediate response would have been "are you fracking kidding me?!?!?!" followed quickly with swallowed tears. people suck!

• Options

It's just candy.

It's not like you were reaching for scotch and ciggs.

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"