VBAC
Options

Are you taking some sort of childbirth class?

I think at the very least I'm going to take my hospital's refresher course for one night.  When I took it during my first pregnancy, I had placenta previa, so I knew I most likely wouldn't be able to use all of the breathing techniques. One thing I didn't like is how epidural friendly they were.   I'm wondering if I should look into a better, more thorough class that encourages a med-free birth more.
Baby Boy #1 born on 3/21/08 
BFP 8/2/10 (3w5d); No more heartbeat on 8/30/10 (7w4d); D&C on 9/2/10 (8w) - Baby Boy with Triploidy
BFP 12/3/10 (4w2d); Natural miscarriage 12/12/10 (5w4d) - Unknown cause
Diagnosed with Compound Heterozygous MTHFR
BFP 3/9/11; Baby Boy #2 born on 11/7/11
Currently TTC Baby #3

Re: Are you taking some sort of childbirth class?

• Options

i've been thinking about this as well.

i'm considering the 2 hour refresher ... on the other hand, i'm hiring a doula ... who happens to also be a childbirth educator ... so we might be good.

• Options
    If I get accepted by the birth center I will take Bradley classes. Natural birth was not in consideration last time and there is no way I'd wing it.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I met with a doula yesterday and she strongly recommended taking a childbirth class that is not affiliated with the hospital.  It makes sense in that they will give your other ideas and options that your hospital class may not because of restrictive policies.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"