Maryland Babies

Confession

and honestly I'm not really that embarrased about it.  Almost every morning we give J, two (and only 2, but we cut them in half) dark chocolate M&M's.  And we only really do this because for some reason it's the only food he likes to examine for a while while/before eating (maybe it's the different colors).  After we get ready and dressed upstairs, we go into the kitchen and if we didn't give/distract him with M&M's he would try to pull everything off the lower shelves of the pantry and ask for a million different snacks.  I feel a little guilty about giving him chocolate in the morning but, 1) it's only 2 little M&M's 2) it's dark chocolate, so it's good for you right? 3) he has already had some raisins/graham crackers and milk 4) it's the only way to get us out the door in 5 minutes.

There I've gotten it off my chest.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Confession

• I love that he's fascinated by M&M's - how cute! And meh, who cares - it's not like you're giving him a huge bowl of ice cream every morning or anything!

BFP#1: 01/10, M/C 6w
    BFP#2: 06/10, M/C 5w
    BFP#3: 09/10, DS born June 1, 2011
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP#4: 07/12, M/C 5w3d
    BFP#5: 12/12, EDD 08/18/13
    Pregnancy Ticker

My Blog: Decorate This
  • Still new at all this but my mom-mindset is "you do what you have to do" and whether people agree or disagee with it, as long as my kid is happy and healthy and what I'm doing isn't detrimental in any way, then it's OK. A teeny bit of chocolate in the morning isn't a problem at all, IMO. If that's your biggest confession I think you're just fine :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Someone's getting a little brother!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm failing to see what's so confession worthy :):) Sometimes mama's gotta do what mama's gotta do.

I'm totally of the mindset of things like that won't harm them.

• imagekelleymark82606:

I'm failing to see what's so confession worthy :):)Sometimes mama's gotta do what mama's gotta do.

ditto

this is only confession-worthy on the Bump, where no child ever drinks juice or has processed food.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • imageKathrynMD:
    imagekelleymark82606:

I'm failing to see what's so confession worthy :):)Sometimes mama's gotta do what mama's gotta do.

ditto

this is only confession-worthy on the Bump, where no child ever drinks juice or has processed food.

Ha that was my train of thought, how many on the nat'l boards would *gasp* at giving a child M&M's period.  Like I said, we don't really feel guilty about it, besides we also work on his colors while he's examining them!

• Girl I thought you were announcing!

If it works it works. Smile

• imageCooper81:
    Like I said, we don't really feel guilty about it, besides we also work on his colors while he's examining them!

Yes  Way to make M&M's educational!!

BFP#1: 01/10, M/C 6w
    BFP#2: 06/10, M/C 5w
    BFP#3: 09/10, DS born June 1, 2011

BFP#4: 07/12, M/C 5w3d
    BFP#5: 12/12, EDD 08/18/13
    Pregnancy Ticker

My Blog: Decorate This
  • imagejcsntms06:

Girl I thought you were announcing!

If it works it works. Smile

haha, not quite yet, maybe in a few months Wink

• Yep, I'm w/ the rest - you've gotta do what you've gotta do.  I'm sure we all do things just to get through!  I haven't given DS chocolate yet (trying to postpone what is sure to turn into a chocoholic if he's anything like his momma), but I don't see any issue w/ a couple of M&Ms per day!  I hardly think that will ruin him for the rest of his life. :)

And props for turning his M&Ms into an educational experience... next up, counting w/ them?  Practicing half vs whole?  Haha!  See, the possibilities are endless! ;)

• Nothing wrong with this IMO! DS gets a popsicle almost every evening, especially if its hot outside Embarrassed
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I used to nanny for a family and for the 2 year old during potty training, we'd give him 3 M&Ms every time he successfully went.... so, I don't think it's a bad thing at all! Smile Plus, I am a M&M fanatic, so I would loveeeeee that... hahaa...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"