Adoption
Options

Adoption Services, Inc.?

One agency my DH and I were looking at is Adoption Services, Inc in PA. They are authorized to do adoptions in my state (and many others) and I was wondering if anyone has any experience with them or has heard anything?

Also, thank you to the ladies who responded to me earlier. I have a lot to look at! It is so nice to have support as all of this is a bit overwhelming in the beginning.

Re: Adoption Services, Inc.?

• Options
    I was looking at them too, but they are no longer listed as licensed in my state, so I'm not sure what's the story is there.  
    Married 9/09 TTC since 9/10 DH Diagnosed with severe MFI 3/11 Micro Tese 10/11 unsuccessful Using Donor IUI #1 BFN 2/12 IUI# 2 Stimulated BFN 3/12 IUI #3 Stimulated BFN 4/12 Mock IVF 4/12 June 2012 IVF #1 - chemical pregancy January 2013 IVF #2- ET on 1/16. Beta on 1/30
  • Options
    What state are you in? I am in NY and they still come up on NY's site as an authorized agency. It makes me nervous looking at all of these agencies as I wonder which ones are doing the right thing and which ones are only in it for the money.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Im in Massachusetts, and when the latest list came out about a month ago of licensed agencies they were no longer on it.  I know with S. Korea you have to be licensed for certain states so it could be just a Massachusetts issue.
    Married 9/09 TTC since 9/10 DH Diagnosed with severe MFI 3/11 Micro Tese 10/11 unsuccessful Using Donor IUI #1 BFN 2/12 IUI# 2 Stimulated BFN 3/12 IUI #3 Stimulated BFN 4/12 Mock IVF 4/12 June 2012 IVF #1 - chemical pregancy January 2013 IVF #2- ET on 1/16. Beta on 1/30
  • Options
    I actually spoke to their director yesterday. Their agency fee is $28K!! He said that after all is said and done I should expect to pay between $40-$55,000!  I couldn't believe how high that was. Most agencies that I have been looking at work on a sliding fee and the average agency fee is around $18K or so.
  • Options
    I can't find the site anymore, but I remember something on the site about one of the requiremetns being preference for one fulltime parent during first year.  I don't know anyone that can afford to do that!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"