April 2012 Moms
Options

bathroom? (TMI)

From what I have "heard", I thought that when you get pregnant that you actually become constipated.  Is this when you are further along or does it happen right away because I must say I am having no problems doing #2.  Since I found out I was pregnant I have been eating more fruit..maybe this is why?

Jessica

Reggie imageimage
Madison Lynn imageimage
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: bathroom? (TMI)

• Options
    Its most likely the prenatals. Try not taking them for a day and eating a few prunes, Don't eat bananas, they stop you up. Try changing prenatals to one that contains little or no iron. Up your fiber intake and drink lots of water. It happens to a lot of woman.  HTHs

EDIT: ^^^^ If you are constipated look here ^^^^
    Boy Stole my Heart
    Photobucket Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Photobucket Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    With my first pregnancy, I alternated between constipation and diarrhea. I'm glad I am only slightly constipated this time. Every pregnancy is different.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    That definitely hit me right away Tongue Tied.  Fruit isn't helping me.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD #1 born 4/1/2012
    My Married Bio 

• Options
    Ah i missed the "NO" part...then there is nothing to worry about. Its not like every symptom happens to every woman. :) 
    Boy Stole my Heart
    Photobucket Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Photobucket Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    imageandricjl:

From what I have "heard", I thought that when you get pregnant that you actually become constipated.  Is this when you are further along or does it happen right away because I must say I am having no problems doing #2.  Since I found out I was pregnant I have been eating more fruit..maybe this is why?

Jessica

Guess you and I are just lucky. Zero issues over here as well. However, like you, I can't seem to get enough fruit these days. :) 

Dx w/Intrahepatic Cholestasis of Pregnancy 3/3/12
    Induced 3/13/12 @ 37w2d | DD born 3/14/12 6:31pm 6lbs 15oz 19"
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imageandricjl:

Jessica

This is me exactly. Not complaining... :) 

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Same here - no issues in the bathroom front =P.  I think you're right though - my food aversions have me eating a lot of veggies and fruits right now, and not much else.  I'm taking the gummy prenatals without iron, so maybe that has something to do with it.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Oh, also. OP, your dog is sooo adorable!

Dx w/Intrahepatic Cholestasis of Pregnancy 3/3/12
    Induced 3/13/12 @ 37w2d | DD born 3/14/12 6:31pm 6lbs 15oz 19"
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

In regards to this... I am LOVING being pregnant!!  I have been so regular with bowel movements that it's A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. I have IBS-constipation so I usually only go every 4-5 days. Sometimes i have had stretches during stressful times when i have gone longer than 10 days.  It's awful!  But ever since BFP, i've been regular (to the hour!) everyday. Party!!!  I'm very excited, can't ya tell?

I also seem to be opposite with other things as well.  My m/s is usually worse in the evening and my hair is falling out more and not getting thicker! I think it just goes to show that everybody's body responds differently to pregnancy.

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker here we go steelers Pictures, Images and Photos
  • Options
    I had some of the big D at the very beginning of both of my pgs, but have never had constipation. I mean, maybe here and there last time, but nothing remarkable or that I ever had to take anything for. If anything, I became way more regular. TMI- It seemed toward the end, at around 10 or 10:30, all of a sudden it would hit me and I HAD to get to a bathroom asap or else. It wasn't diarrhea, just all of a sudden it was there lol. So if anything, being pg helped the bowels. 
    photo newsig2_zps17ef14af.jpg
  • Options

TMI before you read this.... Just a heads up lol 

I have had the worst luck in regards to this.  About 4 weeks ago I had a really bloody stool and freaked out about it.  I have had bloody stools since - EVERY time.  Apparently - I am constipated, and then I have an anal fissure from something that my body didn't digest (that is a giant rip in your rectal wall all the way down to your bung hole) and it rips back open EVERY time I poop.  It is the worst.  They want to do a scope - but the GI doc said "well, you have a fissure, and it could be something else, so - since you are preg, we are going to do it on you while you are awake, and ligate your hemmies too at the same time.  I wont lie - it will hurt."  Yeah, that will make me want to go do it. 

So now I am on Peri Colace (two tabs at night each day) and poopin loose to try to make it heal.  

All you ladies are soooo lucky.  I was regular as anything prior to being pg.  Sigh.  Hopefully my poop will change when this tri is over. :) 

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

I tend to go to the extremes on this one. About 3 days before our BFP, I was having to run to the bathroom and barely making it. Not fun.

Then a couple weeks ago I switched from "system empty" to "system stop." It goes back and worth. When the stop starts up again, I take a fiber pill with my prenatal for a couple nights.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Married: 1/2008 ~ DD#1: 3/2012
    TTC #2: Started 4/2014       BFP 7/30/15   MC 8/3/15       BFP 9/4/2015   EDD 5/16/2016

• Options
    imagecountrygrl5533:

Then a couple weeks ago I switched from "system empty" to "system stop."

Lol, I like this description!  I was on "system empty" for the first few weeks, then got really regular, and now things seem to be slowing down :(  I wish my system would just pick something and stay there! BTW, I've been eating consistently very healthy food so I don't think it's the diet!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Once touched by pain, you're not the same But time can heal your heart again So let the clouds that bring you down Just fade away...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"