Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

Travel system Question

Hi ladies.  This is probably a stupid question, but I'm a FTM & I don't know what to do.  We were given a travel system (used) by one of DH's co-workers.  It's made by Safety1st, I can't remember the model.  Anyhow, it's about a year old and the stroller is in great shape. 

My concern is the car seat.  We don't know these people extremely well, so I'm concerned about using the seat.  We were going to take it to BRU for the Trade-In Event, but I don't know what to get to replace it.  DH wants to keep the stroller, so my question is will another car seat "fit" on the stroller?  Will only a Safety1st work?  Should I try to talk him into trading in both parts of the travel system instead?

TIA!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Married 1/2/99.
TTC since 4/09.
Diagnosed PCOS. Diagnosed Hypothryoid 11/09.
SHG & SA normal. PCOS Research study started 5/10.
Clomid/Femara cycle #1 - 6/10 = BFN
Clomid/Femara cycle #2 - 7/10 = BFP #1 - Missed miscarriage 9/2/10
11/12 - BFP #2 - 11/22 - m/c
5/1/11 - BFP #3 - Pre-eclampsia, IUGR & bed rest from 32w. DD born via induction 1/4/12.

Re: Travel system Question

• Options
    I'd definitely trade in the car seat. Why don't you take the stroller in to BRU with you and see which ones fit. You might be able to go online to the safety first website and look up to see which car seats are compatible too!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Yeah, do get rid of the used car seat.  I agree to take your stroller in with you and also check the Safety 1st website.  I got the Graco Metrolite in Flint with the Snugride 35 car seat.  It came from Albeebaby.com, and I got it for $209, an excellent price for a car seat up to 35 pounds and an awesome stylish stroller.  Some Snugride 35's are $150 all by themselves at the discount stores.  This design is a closeout, so it was about $89 off the regular sale price.  I did a ton of research and coupon hunting, etc.  I'm not sure if the BrU tradein would have worked this well, but I had nothing to trade.

40 weeks tomorrow!

EDD 9/01/11

my nursery progress

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I would trade them both in. I think you will get the discount for both things. I am not a big fan of safety 1st at all. They have a lot of recalls, so it is likely that the car seat has been recalled.

I would trade them in for a Graco car seat and a snap-n-go stroller. Then, save any giftcards, etc and use them towards an awesome stroller later.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

My vote is to take both pieces in and trade them separately.

25% coupon for the seat
    25% coupon for the stroller

Use the coupons to buy whatever you want.

• Options
    imageSuperCuteBenz:

I would trade them both in. I think you will get the discount for both things. I am not a big fan of safety 1st at all. They have a lot of recalls, so it is likely that the car seat has been recalled.

I would trade them in for a Graco car seat and a snap-n-go stroller. Then, save any giftcards, etc and use them towards an awesome stroller later.

Just wanted to point out that this statement is an opinion. I happen to believe that Graco has way too many recalls too, even more than safety 1st. I don't have either brand but just want to point out that this is just an opinion.

• Options
    imagemishu917:
    imageSuperCuteBenz:

Just wanted to point out that this statement is an opinion. I happen to believe that Graco has way too many recalls too, even more than safety 1st. I don't have either brand but just want to point out that this is just an opinion.

Nope. 

Look at both sites Graco and Safety 1st. Graco hasn't had a car seat recall since 2008. Safety 1st has had several.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    imageSuperCuteBenz:

Ditto.  Safety 1st is cheap and poorly made.  You can get a better car seat and stroller with the great discount.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"