June 2011 Moms
Options

Different parenting styles...

DH and I almost got into last night, and we NEVER fight. He wants to let LO CIO and I absolutely 100% do not! We've been to two pediatricians and both of them said to let him CIO so DH thinks he is justified. It makes me sick to my stomach to hear my baby scream when there are two of us completely capeable of going in his room and picking him up. I was pretty much hysterical and having an anxiety attack at 10 minutes last night, so DH finally went in and got him. Held him for ten minutes, put him back down and he was fine, slept for 9 hours. Is that so hard????

I respect DHs opinion and I understand that parenting will require some compromise, but how on earth am I supposed to do that when every instinct I have is telling me DH is wrong? Anyone else dealing with something similar?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Different parenting styles...

• Options

https://community.thenest.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/57381361.aspx 

See the above thread for almost the EXACT same thing and many responses.

• Options
    Thanks I missed that one!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    This is pretty clear to me.  You're right, he's wrong.  Your baby's emotional well being and your emotional well being are at stake.  Screw him and the two pedis.  Go with your gut.  Do what's right.  Good luck!  (Also tell him to do a little research first.  Pedis are not sleep experts.  They don't learn that BS in med school.  Your message subject is right: it's a parenting style.  If you want some sleep solutions read up on it.  Try the No Cry Sleep Solution, but also read the CIO people like Weissbluth and Ferber so when it comes time to calmly and rationally explain your position, you also see where they're coming from.  What you described in your post is not what Ferber or Weissbluth would recommend doing especially with such a young babe.)  Anyways, yeah, go to your crying baby who needs you. 

DD born 6.13.11 at 37w5d

DS born 5.23.12 at 36w5d

BFP 6.9.13|heartbeat of 128bpm 7weeks|7.23.13 ultrasound revealed no heartbeat|natural m/c and d&c 7.25.13

DS born 5.20.14 at 38 weeks

All are welcome

• Options
    One more thing.  He cried for 10 min and then was held for 10 min, now if you had just rocked/held/nursed/whatever for the same amount of time he would have been asleep anyway only without crying and stressing himself and you out.  Point that out to your DH.  Can you tell I'm strongly opposed to CIO? lol

DD born 6.13.11 at 37w5d

DS born 5.23.12 at 36w5d

BFP 6.9.13|heartbeat of 128bpm 7weeks|7.23.13 ultrasound revealed no heartbeat|natural m/c and d&c 7.25.13

DS born 5.20.14 at 38 weeks

All are welcome

• Options
    haha yes I can, but I am too so its fine : ) Last night he didn't even argue me, just went right in and got him, moaned and groaned about it the whole time, but I'd rather listen to him complain than listen to LO cry : ( I think LO is just going through a phase, he goes to sleep fine, wakes up 5 minutes later, then we rock him back to sleep and he's fine all night. He probably just wants to be reassured that we are still there. We're getting at least 8 a night so I don't see the big deal with giving LO a few more minutes of our time. And I have offered at least a dozen times to be the one to put him back down, DH keeps saying no...so whatever...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"