Trouble TTC
Options

Help I have a horrible migraine

Hey everyone, for the past 3 days since starting the progesterone suppositories to do a test to see if it helps my black blood problem I have had a mild headache. I thought it was due to Irene but now I don't think so. Now I can barely write this as my head is about to fall off and my eyes are killing me. Does anyone else have this? And of course I cant take my migraine meds.
TTC#1
DX Hypothyroid,Prolactinoma, Annovulatory Cycles, Celiac, Lichen,IBS, Severe Allergies ETC>>
M/C 1/2011
May 2011 Clomid 50mg +Ovidrel-BFN
June 2011 HSG, DH SA Both Normal
Sept 2011 C/P
Sep 2011 IUI w/Frozen Sperm, progesterone therapy

Re: Help I have a horrible migraine

• Options
    I havent had to do progesterone suppositories but I get horrible migraines from my clomid and HCG trigger and boosters. Extra strength Tylenol and ice packs help me a lot. Sorry you are feeling badly. Hope it goes away soon!
    BabyFruit Ticker

Dx PCOS 2010
    TTC since Jan 2011
    4 cycles of Clomid unmonitored (I do NOT recommend!) March-June 2011
    Started w/ RE
    July-September: Clomid, hCG trigger, 3 hCG boosters, 1 blood test and 1 BFN
    September/October: HSG (all clear) Clomid, hCG Trigger, IUI and 3 hCG boosters
    *****10/24/2011 BFP! Beta #1. 113 Beta #2. 322. EDD JUNE 29, 2012
    IT'S A BOY! Jackson Alan
    EVERYONE WELCOME
  • Options

I get terrible migraines from hormones.  I hate when they come in the 2WW when I can't take my meds. 

The only thing I can think of when migraine meds are offlimits is taking Tylenol and using an ice pack on my head and a heating pad on my lower back or tummy.  My neurologist recommended this because it would draw the blood from my head and make it a little less painful.  Hope you feel better soon.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I get migraines as well, and have been weaning myself off of my medicine.  I second the advice to use ice packs.  I like to use those homemade ones you see at craft fairs sometimes, they can be heated or chilled and usually have lavender and other herbs in them.  The herbs are nice, but the main reason I like them is because they are long so I can drape them over my eyes/forehead and cool both temples/ears.   

I also like to use foam ear plugs to help with noise sensitivity.  

GL and I hope you feel better soon!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary

TTC since 2008
    Dh:34, no issues.  Me:31, Endo, slightly hypothyroid, deformed ovary, paracentric inversion.
    4 Gonal-F, Cetrotide, HcG, Crinone +TI cycles= all BFN
    Lap in 2012 to remove large unresolving cyst discovered endo and double lobed ovary.
     6 Gonal-F, Cetrotide, HcG, Crinone IUI cycles= All BFN,
    1st IVF w/ICSI- June '13 Antagonist: Gonal-F, Menopur, Ganirelix, HcG, Estradiol, Crinone= 7 retrieved, 4 mature, 1 unfertilized, 2 abnormally fertilized, 1 normally fertilized.  2DT of only embryo and our miracle BFP.
    Our beloved baby boy was born sleeping Oct. 13, 2013 due to pROM/IC/Uterine infection.
    2nd IVF w/ICSI- Feb. '14 EPP/lupron/antagonist: Estrace, lupron, HGH, Gonal-F, Menopur, HcG, PIO, lovenox, doxy/dex.=21 retrieved, 16 mature, 15 fertilized!!  5dt of 1 blast/ 6 frozen. BFP!  Beta 1 9dp5dt:83.9  Beta 2: 11dp5dt: 145.2  Beta 3  14dp5dt: 497  Please be our sticky rainbow baby!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

imageimage
  • Options
    I get bad hormonal migraines and I third the ice pack! I actually use frozen mixed veggies in a ziplock, but we don't own ice packs, lol. I put them on the back of my neck, where your shoulders meet your neck in the back I switch it from side to side every 5-10 minutes of so. It helps a ton!

Me:27, DH:28 - DX: MFI, varicocele repair Nov 2011 
    Post-Op SA: Count- 15 million, Motility- 75%, Morphology- 3% 
    IVF with ICSI - Stimming 10/4/12 - 10/13/12, Lupron Trigger
    ER 10/18/1212 eggs retrieved, 8 mature, 5 fertilized
    5 day transfer 10/23/12, 3 frosties
    Beta #1 11/5/12: 453, Beta #2 11/7/12: 1,013, DD born 7/19/13
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"