Babies: 6 - 9 Months

Anyone feed their kid whatever?

DD LOVES food.  This is awesome for me because we have been bribing DS to eat since we started baby food. 

She has had chicken and noodles, spaghetti, sloppy joes, roasted chicken, jambalya, guacamole, salsa, plus all of the organic combos.  The funny thing is that I have been putting off giving her yogurt because I thought she was too young.

Is this like BLW?  What non-"baby food" things are your kids eating?

Re: Anyone feed their kid whatever?

• My two year old eats that kind of stuff, my 7 month old eats only baby food and breastmilk.
    252855_10150214241312114_262494087113_7012916_3895481_n-2Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker Siggy check.
  • He pretty much has what we're eating minus peanuts, honey, and whole berries/grapes unless its super salty or otherwise unhealthy. 

yogurt, cottage cheese, spaghetti, hummus, pitas, tofu, guac, kashi 7 whole grain puffs, rice cake pieces,  cut up fruits/veggies are our frequent snacks.

IMG_8165 lb4lyfe2
    Online Photo Editor

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Ztarrgheighzurr Lylliegh Smith is due in January!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • My DD loves food like that. Today we had chicken pot pie soup, so she had veggies, chicken (she loves meat!), the sauce was made of milk. She had blueberries and eggs (all of it, scrambled) for breakfast, and at lunch she usually eats lunch meat and hummus. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • LO eats basically whatever we do. I do try to avoid some spicier things though, ad the obvious honey, choking hazards, etc.

Try yogurt! LO looooves it. Bonus points- it keeps him regular. He hasn't had any in a few days and coincidentally also hasn't pooped =(

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • does your kid have lots of teeth?  I'm confused on how they chew meat?  Julia has her bottom two teeth but that's it.  I gave her a puff yesterday and about had a heart attack cause I didn't know what she did with it.  She put it in her cheek then it disappeared.  Are these okay to give her?
  • We've started giving LO bits and pieces of stuff. Not really full meals yet, but Pedi said by 9 months he'd probably be tasting table food and then be on more by a year. He loves it but I'm not rushing.
  • imagespursgirl10:
    does your kid have lots of teeth?  I'm confused on how they chew meat?  Julia has her bottom two teeth but that's it.  I gave her a puff yesterday and about had a heart attack cause I didn't know what she did with it.  She put it in her cheek then it disappeared.  Are these okay to give her?

She only has one tooth and it has only been there about 6 days.  I'm not handing her a sloppy joe and hoping for the best.  I mash everything up and spoon feed her bites that I feel like she can handle.  I give noodles a rough chop in the food processor. 

DS is incredibly picky, so I am wondering if earlier exposure to normal foods and flavors will help her be more open minded than her brother.

• imagespursgirl10:
    does your kid have lots of teeth?  I'm confused on how they chew meat?  Julia has her bottom two teeth but that's it.  I gave her a puff yesterday and about had a heart attack cause I didn't know what she did with it.  She put it in her cheek then it disappeared.  Are these okay to give her?

Puffs basically melt, so those should be fine. Obv, watch your kid, but they should just dissolve.

My LO has a couple teeth, but he just gums/noms on meat. It's more for practice/taste than actually ingesting it.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageTheBub:

imagespursgirl10:

She only has one tooth and it has only been there about 6 days.  I'm not handing her a sloppy joe and hoping for the best.  I mash everything up and spoon feed her bites that I feel like she can handle.  I give noodles a rough chop in the food processor. 

DS is incredibly picky, so I am wondering if earlier exposure to normal foods and flavors will help her be more open minded than her brother.

Food processor.  Got it.  That makes more sense.  We are still doing just fruits and veggies but will introduce meats next month.   

• K only eats baby food (homemade), BM, and the occasional puffs.  BUT I do let her taste whatever I am eating.  She usually seems interested and wants to gnaw on something, so I usually give her a little bite or two.
  • When we go to Mexican food she gets avocado, shredded cheese and tortillas. The guac is usually too spicy.

She goes nuts for Red Robin fries and ritz crackers!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageteenagefbi:
    I'm with Ash on this one. If my kid was 2, I'd give him pasta or a burger. Now? Little man gets baby food, small mushy bits of fruits and veggies, puffs and formula.
    Same for me too. We only do purees, formula, and just started yogurt. Won't do puffs and small finger foods until after seven months on the pedi rec.
  • I am still introducing baby food.  We just finished all of the stage one fruits and veggies today!  I also have tried Baby Mum Mums to teach them how to feed themselves.  Now I am debating on whether to try stage 1 meats or move on to stage two fruit and veggie combos.  
    Livian Elizabeth and Alayna Marjorie!  On their way to 3!
    Lilypie - (mtvk)
    Lilypie - (WdLV)
  • My little man has 6 teeth and eats whatever we eat except for honey, peanuts and egg whites.  I just chop things up for him and he feeds himself.  Last night he had chicken curry and rice.  The night before was lasagna with sweet Italian sausage.    I send things like blueberries, diced chicken, peas, apple chunks, sweet potato cubes, etc to daycare for him. He also drinks plenty of BM daily. 
  • Basically everything we eat minus honey, peanuts, and shellfish. He's pretty much over the whole spoon feeding thing but I do it anyway just to use up the jars of food we have left. If it were up to him he'd eat grilled cheese triangles and puffs for every meal.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imageAllisonb17:
    I am still introducing baby food.  We just finished all of the stage one fruits and veggies today!  I also have tried Baby Mum Mums to teach them how to feed themselves.  Now I am debating on whether to try stage 1 meats or move on to stage two fruit and veggie combos.  

Ugh, just move on. The stage 1 meats smell like canned cat food. It's not so potent in the stage 2 mixes. I still gag at the thought of sniffing the stage 1 chicken. 

• Hahaha I started feeding him whatever were eating.  he ate hamburger helper last night with squash and tonight he already ate his main meal of veggies/fruit & I gave him some mashed tators b/c we were eating late but he was up & he loved it.  He has no teeth yet but he loves to eat whatever were eating.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • DS is pretty much eating whatever we are, unless we eat something like salad, which is too hard for him to chew. But he gets any kind of cooked veggie, soft fruit, pasta, bbq chicken, toast, guacamole, curry, salmon, shreds of pork or steak etc.  We didn't wait with egg whites. Pretty much the only thing I won't give him is honey and anything that's a choking hazard (nuts, whole grapes, etc.)  I haven't given him peanut butter yet, but he'll probably eat my thai noodles next time I make it, which has peanut butter in it.

He does great with foods, but we BLW from the beginning.  Only in the past couple weeks has he really taken off and started eating more.  I'm not pushing it, but I'm not holding him back either.  I'm not into making separate meals for kids or feeding kids only "kid foods" like chicken nuggets, mac & cheese, etc. so I want him to learn to like what we eat from an early age. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • We pretty much stick to baby foods, for the most part. They are already on stage 3 foods. But we let them taste what we are having, within reason.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageteenagefbi:
    I'm with Ash on this one. If my kid was 2, I'd give him pasta or a burger. Now? Little man gets baby food, small mushy bits of fruits and veggies, puffs and formula.
    ZOMG! U give formula?!?!?!?!!!!1

I'm not giving table food just yet. Dh had bad allergies - including milk - so we're taking it slow.

PG#1 - 3rd cycle BFP. Team Green. HELLP syndrome @ 34 weeks.
    Later diagnosed with Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, possible link to HELLP.

PG#2 M/C 3/14 - Surprise BFP 2/13. Beta's doubled every 52 hours from 3w5d-5w5d
    Viable pregnancy scan at 5w5d; 2nd u/s showed 2 days of growth in 7 but a HB of 120
    3rd u/s on 3/10/14 had no HB and baby had only grown 7 days over 14
    D&C 3/17/14 - complications - DX Retroflexed uterus, multiple tears to cervix

All Welcome

Chart

• FWIW I was also "ZOMG when should I start finger foods?!" at first then Ronan stole some green beans off my plate one night and didn't die, ever since he's been a real food fan (my dinner hasn't been safe since, and I can no longer put my snacks on the coffee table or else he'll eat them if I look away, he's worse than a dog)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • My doctor told us that we can give E anything we want to except peanuts, high citrus fruit juices, and honey. He also said that if I wanted to start meats that it would have to be pureed or be deli meats. I am going to start introducing more table foods now and we are BLWing. So what's going to start soon is toast, shredded cheeses, scrambled eggs, and wagon wheel noodles. A personal rule for us though is going to be holding back on the more spiced foods.
  • imageTheBub:

imagespursgirl10:

This sounds exactly like BLW. Some people do it intentionally, some people stumble into it. Whatever works for you and your babe!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

• imageTitts McGeee:

He pretty much has what we're eating minus peanuts, honey, and whole berries/grapes unless its super salty or otherwise unhealthy. 

This.

11-15-08
    12-1-10
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"