TTC After a Loss 6 Months+

crying in the bathroom...again

I feel like, emotionally, I'm back to the first few weeks after our last loss.  (And the Universe laughs from on high at my idea of TTC again in October.)

Yesterday I got together with a couple of girlfriends who I rarely get to see and their sons.  Of all my girlfriends, these two know the most about what's been going on with us - they're actually the only ones who know anything.  I'm cool with their LOs and even the fact that the one is pregnant again.  I really thought I was good.

Then, about halfway through lunch, I could tell I was going to lose it.  I had to excuse myself and go sit in the bathroom stall to cry.  And not just the kind of cry where you get a few tears out and that pulls you back together.  Oh no.  Full on can't-catch-my-breath crying and sniffling and even some sweating (because it was hot in there).  Not pretty.  

And then I cried on my way home and then again when I got home.  It's not the crying that bothers me, but where the eff is this coming from?  I had finally started to feel a little bit stable again and like we might go through with TTC again in October.  Clearly, I'm not as ready as I thought. :/   

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: crying in the bathroom...again

• Oh hun I am so so sorry.  I don't think it's that you aren't "ready", it's just a hard road we are on.  Our emotions run high and anything can set them off.  I am so sorry you had such a hard time at lunch.  I would totally sit and cry with you in the bathroom if I lived closer. 

I feel ya girl.  After we got DH's SA results back I cried for over 30 min in the bathroom at work.  Keep your head up, I hope today is a better day for you.

*hugs*

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    ??? TTCAL Buddies w/ BabyTrippin & CashewsMommy ???
    1st BFP = m/c 4.21.08 @ 7W5D (and divorce)
    TTC #1 since 6.10
    SA #1=Agglutination SA #2= Everything perfect
    HSG= All clear & perfect
    Currently learning to live Child Free
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    ?My NTNP Chart! ?My Blog!?Follow Me on Pinterest
    CLICK to give care & food to animals in need -
    ?Big Girls have babies too!?
    ??Success/pregnant after everything welcome - FHs need not apply??
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Sometimes the nagging "it's never gonna happen" thoughts and feelings that get pushed to the back of my brain come up and overwhelm me all at once. It sounds like that might have happened to you, too. I'm sorry, it sucks. I hope you feel better.
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh hun I am so sorry!! {{{hugs}}} 

BFP#1 {Cashew} - 9.19.09 EDD 5.26.10
    The day you first lay in my arms, you made my life complete.
    Aurora Rose born sleeping at 35w on 4-21-10
    BFP#2 {Almond} - 2.1.11 EDD 10.12.11 C/P 2.11.11

• Oh hun, I am so, so sorry.

((HUGS))

* PG #1 2/26/09: mm/c 4/14/09 at 10w4d | PG #2 8/5/09: mm/c 9/29/09 at 11w3d (boy) * 
    * CP's 4/14/10, 9/1/10, 4/19/11, 5/24/11, 10/14/13, 11/16/13 *
    * Ectopic 1/17/14 - nothing on u/s at 6w4d * 
    * PG #7 BFP 12/21/11 - DD born 8/31/12 * 
    * DH Dx'd with balanced translocation in 2011 *

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imageheathergirl67:
    Sometimes the nagging "it's never gonna happen" thoughts and feelings that get pushed to the back of my brain come up and overwhelm me all at once. It sounds like that might have happened to you, too. I'm sorry, it sucks. I hope you feel better.

This is what happens to me.  I had a massive ugly cry last night too. You're not alone *hugs* 

• I'm so sorry. Big huge hugs!
  • Giant (((HUGS))).  Those moments are so hard...I can completely relate to feeling stable to feeling really down.
    Mom to Eliott Alexander, born sleeping at 37 weeks on 8/13/10. Most of us only dream of angels - I held one in my arms.
    BFP #2 - EDD 2/26/12 M/C 6/28/11 @ 5w2d
    BFP #3 - EDD 4/7/12 M/C 8/2/11 @ 4w2d
    Too beautiful for this earth
    BFP #4 - EDD 12/09/12, Lucille arrived 11/26/12
  • imageheathergirl67:
    Sometimes the nagging "it's never gonna happen" thoughts and feelings that get pushed to the back of my brain come up and overwhelm me all at once. It sounds like that might have happened to you, too. I'm sorry, it sucks. I hope you feel better.

This really hit it on the head for me.  Something about the start of school... for the little ones, clear up through those going off to college.. it's really gotten to me.  I've had a lot of "I'll never get to..." moments lately and I guess they were just adding up and surfaced altogether yesterday.  

Thanks for the support, ladies.  I know you all know this, but it means a lot to be able to come here with this.  I feel pretty alone when what I'm feeling is so ugly that I don't even want to share with the few friends I have that kind of understand.  

• I'm really not much of a crier, either, which I think makes it even more disconcerting to have that much emotion coming out.  I know it's good to get it out but I still feel pathetic to have to sit in a restaurant restroom crying just to make it the rest of the way through lunch.  
  • (((hugs)))  I really think, no matter how far you've come it's going to hit hard once in awhile.  Especially when you are still on the TTC road.  I know I had a serious meltdown on Sunday.  AF started later that night, so that may have had something to do with it, but some days it just hits me like a ton of bricks.  After everything we've all been through, we all deserve a good cry. 

• Sending lots of hugs your way. I've had plenty of times that I had to excuse myself and cry in the bathroom.

Jenn

image 3 IUI's all BFN

IVF#1 BFN IVF#2 BFP, loss at 19 weeks FET#1 BFN IVF#3 BFP, m/c FET#2 BFN

Missing our twins Zachary and Madison, lost at 19 weeks on 11/13/09, edd 4/9/10

BFP 7/17/10, m/c 7/25/10, edd 3/25/11

Ectopic, lost left tube 4/20/11, edd 12/6/11

my blog

• imagecutebride73:

(((hugs)))  I really think, no matter how far you've come it's going to hit hard once in awhile.  Especially when you are still on the TTC road.  I know I had a serious meltdown on Sunday.  AF started later that night, so that may have had something to do with it, but some days it just hits me like a ton of bricks.  After everything we've all been through, we all deserve a good cry. 

True that.  True.  That.   

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"