September 2011 Moms
Options

Q re membrane stripping

Am I a total wuss or is that just uncomfortable? It didn't really hurt or anything, but I feel like everyone here who has talked about it hasn't mentioned that it's not exactly pleasant. I just got it done and whoo boy! Not cute.

Seriously, for those of you who have had it done,  how did you fare?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Q re membrane stripping

• Options
    Dude, it did NOT feel good.  I will seriously laugh if you had this done today - as I had it done this morning.  BTW, I'm inducing on Sunday, so if we continue to be pregnancy twins, you should know that you might too.
  • Options
    Of COURSE I had it done today!! Haha! This is just freaky. I had it done this afternoon. Congrats on your induction/birthday! That is awesome! I am not scheduled for an induction (and likely won't be unless I go past my due date), but I will now plan on going into labor on Sunday :-D
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageelynds:
    Dude, it did NOT feel good.  I will seriously laugh if you had this done today - as I had it done this morning.  BTW, I'm inducing on Sunday, so if we continue to be pregnancy twins, you should know that you might too.

Hi LB! I'm glad I saw this. I'll be keeping my phone extra close on Sunday in case you give me an update you want me to pass on to everyone. Good luck!

• Options

I personally feel like September 4 is a good day for a baby - and would bet on you going into labor on Sunday as well.  I'm pumped to have a birthday!  I'm still at a 3, so supposedly a pretty easy induction, just pitocin, no cervadil.  Now that I have a plan though, I have a sneaking suspicion things will go their own way just to mess with me.

• Options
    imageTeamJAS:

imageelynds:

Hi LB! I'm glad I saw this. I'll be keeping my phone extra close on Sunday in case you give me an update you want me to pass on to everyone. Good luck!

For sure!  Your number is in my phone - I go in at 6, and my OB expects an afternoon baby, so I'll keep you posted :)

• Options
    imageelynds:
    imageTeamJAS:

imageelynds:

For sure!  Your number is in my phone - I go in at 6, and my OB expects an afternoon baby, so I'll keep you posted :)

Yay! So exciting!!

• Options
    imageelynds:

I personally feel like September 4 is a good day for a baby - and would bet on you going into labor on Sunday as well.  I'm pumped to have a birthday!  I'm still at a 3, so supposedly a pretty easy induction, just pitocin, no cervadil.  Now that I have a plan though, I have a sneaking suspicion things will go their own way just to mess with me.

Well, they almost certainly will if I go into labor before then. I'll do my best to give you some warning if that happens ;-) 

• Options

I turned it down today. I had it with my DD and it was very uncomfortable. Figure this time to let mother nature have all the control.

WIth my DD, after the stripping my water broke less than 48 hours later. Good luck to you all :-)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Yeah, not a fan of it at all.  Had it with DS, and it didn't send me into labour.  Have declined all stripping and internals this time around ... the discomfort just isn't worth it at this point.  

That said, if I am still around at 41 weeks I might be singing a different tune. 

• Options
    imagenjmommaterp:

I turned it down today. I had it with my DD and it was very uncomfortable. Figure this time to let mother nature have all the control.

WIth my DD, after the stripping my water broke less than 48 hours later. Good luck to you all :-)

FINGERS CROSSED!!!! 

• Options
    I had mine done yesterday, and it didn't hurt, it just felt really uncomfortable. Not something I would want to have everyday though, that's for sure. But my MW and I were talking while she was doing it, so maybe the distraction made it hurt less? I did have cramping and a lot of pressure while she was doing it too.
  • Options
    I also had it done today.. now if only this baby will come! It was uncomfortable to me but I was laughing the whole time... I think I get so uncomfortable when it feels like my MWs whole arm is in me all I can do it laugh..
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Single mama - beautiful baby - learning to live
  • Options
    it definitely doesnt SOUND comfortable! i'm not sure if i'd decline it or not.
  • Options

Yeah, not exactly something I want to repeat...my dr was pushing at the top of my ute during it too, which is pretty much where our diaphram is pushed, so I felt like I couldn't breathe on top of his "rootin' around".  At least he was honest by saying "You ARE going to spot after this appointment", and DH warned me that there was already some blood on his glove when he was done.  It took me a good minute or so sitting up after the dr left to chill myself out.

Needless to say, I know my pain tolerance is non-existent, so epidural, here I come!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"