2nd Trimester

blue lips?

Ok I had this when I was pregnant with DS, later in the pregnancy though. Randomly my lips turn a blue/purplish tint. I asked my ob during my last pregnancy, and she said that as long as I'm not dizzy, lightheaded, or feel like I'm going to faint, then I should be ok. My blood pressure was always normal or slightly elevated, but nothing crazy. She had no explanation really. Well it's starting again and I'm only 12 weeks! What the heck?! I feel fine though, but it's still a little concerning.

Has anyone ever had this? I'm going to ask my midwife next appointment.
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: blue lips?

• My lips have always turned blue if I'm even slightly cold, and now that I'm pregnant, it happens more easily than ever. I know that your blood vessels expand when you're pregnant, so I'm wondering if the change in the blood vessels in the lips is what causes the blue color. Have you noticed that it's happening more often when you're in air conditioning? Mine will turn blue if the AC in the car is blowing on me.
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks for replying! I haven't really noticed, but maybe that has sometime to do with it? It's usually when I'm talking, like I'm talking too much it takes my breath away or something? lol
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"