Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

How can you stand it???

Hello all,

My husband and I have just started TTC. It's currently 7 dpo for me and I'm just wondering... how do you all manage to survive the 2ww? I am climbing up the walls. It's not too bad when I'm at work, but when I'm home at night, I'm constantly thinking about the possibility of a BFP. I want to take a test soooo badly, though I know it would be pointless.The only thing that has stopped me so far is the fact that I don't want to waste my digital HPTs, but my cheap ones from Amazon arrive tomorrow and after that I think my willpower will be nonexistent.

I know it's too early to POAS, but I only think I can hold out one more day before I start testing! How do you all get your mind off of it for two whole weeks???

Oh, and I hope I used the abbreviations correctly... I've been lurking for awhile and trying to pick up the lingo ;)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket

Re: How can you stand it???

• Options
    imageGhostMonkey:

I live my life. Seems to work.

This. 

image      image    

IVF #1 September 2012, beta #1: 213; beta #2: 580. Expecting Twins! 
    EDD 6/9 lost one angel at 9w3d :( 
    Baby boy arrived 6/1/13
    FET #1 10/14, BFP -Chemical Pregnancy :(
    Everyone Welcome

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    I drink excessively. Though that isn't any different from what I did before. So...meh. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I definitely felt that way at first, but it does wear off with time. I try to keep busy and distract myself.  Being too optimistic about a BFP seemed to make this worse for me so now I just remind myself that there is only a 20% chance of getting KU each month even with perfect timing.
    DX: Anovulation
    TX: IUI #1-4 = BFN + 1 c/p
    IUI #5: Clomid 100mg + Bravelle + Trigger + B2B IUIs + 800mg Progesterone = BFP!
    Beta #1 (14dpiui): 460 Beta #2 (16dpiui): 998 Beta #3 (23dpiui): 21,832 Beta #4 (29dpiui): 129,771

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I felt like this the first couple months as well but I guess after I got a few neg HPT I learned  not think about it as much.

• Options
    imagepamis626:

I felt like this the first couple months as well but I guess after I got a few neg HPT I learned  not think about it as much.

This. Just continue to live your life as you did prior to TTC.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Oct Angel Babies
  • Options
    imagepamis626:

I guess that'll be true for me, too. This is just our first month trying. Good luck to you all!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket
  • Options

I hate being disappointed and I'm terrified of another chemical pregnancy. So I don't plan to test until 18dpo. That way I can feel reasonably confident that I am pregnant, and at that point my AF is a few days late so I feel a little more confident in the pregnancy succeeding [a little..].

Plus I have 2 kids..they keep me busy. And I work full time. And I don't keep pee sticks in the house!

I have no desire to test right now lol 

TTC #3 cycle #3 Taking a break for a few months and resuming in the spring!
  • Options
    imageGhostMonkey:

This. Really, just go on doing what you normally do. The first 2ww is the hardest. As far as testing, I personally will not test until I'm a day or two late, and by late I mean actually late 'cuz I chart so I know when I O'd. I hate seeing BFNs so I simply don't test.

Get a hobby. Limit the time you allow yourself to obsess. Thinking about being pregnant isn't going to make you pregnant.

GL!

• Options
    I will admit that last month I really thought I was pregnant and was climbing the walls during the 2ww. This month I am feeling much less anxious about it.  We will see if that changes over the next few days.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Doriimage
    "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..."
  • Options
    Yeah the 2ww can be rough, but after a few months of TTC you accustomed to it.  GL this cycle!
  • Options
    Post moderated to remove hyperlink spam.
  • Options
    Edited by Mod - please do not spam the boards
  • Options
    imagepamis626:

This.  Sad to say, but the "excitement" fades after a while.

• Options
    imagephishgirl29:
    imageGhostMonkey:

This. 

Same here. Even after 12 cycles, I was never "climbing up the walls".
    i carry your heart with me(i carry it in my heart)

Cooper+Evie=Soulmates

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"