D.C. Area Babies
Options

I think I have the "weird kid"

Sprout's latest "fun" thing is to put something over his head (blanket, cloth napkin, dish towel) and walk around the house.  He thinks it's hilarious when he bumps into something.

He gets angry if I pull the blanket/dish towel/etc. off b/c it spoils the fun I guess?  

Share your "weird kid" stories!

Re: I think I have the "weird kid"

• Options

That's pretty funny. I guess that's sort of like a typical little boy. They don't mind getting hurt whereas my DD starts crying if she hurts herself in the tiniest way.

DD now likes to go into her winter pants drawer and pull out two pairs of pants. She wants to wear one as the "pants" and one as a "shirt". I'm having trouble explaining that the pants cannot be put on like a shirt!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagevtkendra:

DD now likes to go into her winter pants drawer and pull out two pairs of pants. She wants to wear one as the "pants" and one as a "shirt". I'm having trouble explaining that the pants cannot be put on like a shirt!

LOL!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

we tell DD she can't do something, only Mommy and Daddy can and she'll ask "When I am a Daddy, can I do it?" (sometimes, she'll say Mommy, too, but it's funnier w/ Daddy.)

DS is into everything, he climbs and tries to jump off chairs, stools, tables, etc. He does not care if he gets hurt. He tries to climb me like a ladder.

• Options
    M has learned how to open our Diaper Champ likes to throw random things into it. Once it was my cell phone. Ick!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

imageWinesNot Whines:
    M has learned how to open our Diaper Champ likes to throw random things into it. Once it was my cell phone. Ick!

DS loves to play with that too as well as trash cans, gross!

• Options
    I really do have the weird kid, but that's ok, b/c I love him anyway.  :-)  I could write a book about him.  Lately, it means that I spend most of my time walking around in public with a boy that is growling as he pretends to be an ATV, a train, or a dinosaur. 
  • Options

imageAgrippaRidesAgain:
    I really do have the weird kid, but that's ok, b/c I love him anyway.  :-)  I could write a book about him.  Lately, it means that I spend most of my time walking around in public with a boy that is growling as he pretends to be an ATV, a train, or a dinosaur. 

C recently started woofing like a dog instead of saying "Hi" to people. 

• Options
    imageMrsPhilDunphy:

imageAgrippaRidesAgain:

C recently started woofing like a dog instead of saying "Hi" to people. 

We spend a lot of our time saying things like "the cat says meow" to LO, and with his fascination with our cat, I am pretty certain he may start meowing before he starts talking.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageWinesNot Whines:

Not "weird" perse, but certainly tragic...

We're fairly certain Sprout threw away/recycled our point-and-shoot camera.  which is mostly sad b/c it had videos & photos of him that I hadn't downloaded yet.  :(  

But, yeah, obsessed with putting things in the trash & recycle bins!

• Options

DD has definitely gotten DH's OCD gene. Seriously, she lines up everything. Plus, there are stern directions if the cabinets are not closed, wrong color towels in the bathroom, if you are not sitting on your furniture (i.e. mommy's couch and daddy's couch) or if you don't use the right colored utensil/bowl/cup for certain foods.

I even called the doctor because I was worried and he said she was being 'oddly normal' but if she started obsessively washing her hands we needed to come back.

Plus everyday we get a report about who made a mess or pooped at daycare Big Smile

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Not my kid, but my niece - when out having family brunch, niece announces "I'm wearing two pairs of underpants, just in case!"

And my nephew refused to poop on the potty before the age of 4.  He would raise all sorts of he!! when my sister sat him on the potty to poop.  He even made the statement "I will poop on the potty when I'm 4." and that stubborn kid followed through.  He would taunt my sister by singing "I've got a poopy diaaaaaperrrrrrr!"

• Options

hahah, these stories are hysterical!

so far nothing too crazy to report, but just this week DS started chewing on his toes....i know they're probably cleaner than his hands, but still, it grosses me out a little

• Options
    DS has a shoe fetish.  Only girls shoes.  He will beeline across the room for a chance to gnaw on DD or my shoes.  DH's he avoids.
  • Options

imageHey Jellisy:
    DS has a shoe fetish.  Only girls shoes.  He will beeline across the room for a chance to gnaw on DD or my shoes.  DH's he avoids.

DS is obsessed with purses...we're in the process of moving and last night I had a lot of things from my closet out in our bedroom and he would pick up different purses and say, "got my purse okay bye bye!" I guess that's what I must say when I leave!

Pregnancy Ticker Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

victoria, DD did that too around age 2-2.5, it has tapered off...a bit

mommyz, DD did this too! She'd put on a purse and say "bye bye, I'm going to work, have a nice day"

LOL

• Options

Actually all these posts are making me realize J isn't as weird as I thought . . .

He loves feet--he randomly asks people to show them his "toesies" (his word) and will sometimes get upset if he can't see his because he's wearing shoes.

He's also fairly OCD--he gets upset if the throw blankets on our couch are on the wrong cushions. 

He's also into taking stuff of ours (kinda like Sprout) and hiding it. We thought one of our portable phones was gone forever until we found it buried in our dry cleaning hamper. Then the other night, we thought our laundry card (we're in a condo with a laundry room) was gone forever, only to discover he had stuck it up the sleeve of my sweater, which was hanging off my desk chair.

He's also totally obsessed with birthdays, and will sing the Happy Birthday song ad nauseum. To the point where they had to ask him to stop at daycare. And he sings it to random things, like if I say "How are you?" he'll start singing "Happy birthday, how are you" over and over. 

TTC #2: BFP 12/17/11, m/c 1/7/12 and D&C 1/12/12

baby blog/cooking blog
    Follow Me on Pinterest

• Options
    MommyZ DD won't leave the house to go to the store without at least one purse, usually 2.  She has stolen my paci(fier) purse and made it her own.  That and her Gap lunch box are her accessories du jour.   
  • Options
    DS has started giving kisses. To books. Not people. Although I'm grateful he's not tackling kids at daycare to plant one on them.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Not our won't-come-out-yet kid, but good friends of ours LO likes to lick electrical items.  We have speakers on our deck and she will just stand there and lick them.  She has also licked the solar lights in the yard.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    My LO is obsessed with natural objects, like sticks, leaves, and flowers...but mostly fungus!  He would "go hiking" all day looking for interesting kinds of fungus if we let him.  He has loved looking at all the mushrooms we've had lately from the rain.  He knows not to touch, but he can seriously sit there staring at them forever before moving on to the next patch.  DH and I are like, Stick out tongue "he's YOUR kid!"  lol
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"