Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

Anyone else's LO in the phase of calling your name repeatedly?

Mama! Mama! Mama! Mama! Dada! Dada! Dada! Dada!

Ahhhhh! We're ready to tear our hair out! Smile

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." - Jack Layton

BabyFruit Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP #2 12/26/11 ~ EDD 9/6/12 ~ MMC discovered on 1/27/12 @ 8w1d (measured 6w2d)

BFP #3 8/10/12 ~ EDD 4/23/13 ~ MMC discovered on 9/13/12 @ 8w2d (measured 6w6d)

Re: Anyone else's LO in the phase of calling your name repeatedly?

• Options

YES.

it's "Mom, mom, mom, mama, mama, MAMA"

it makes me laugh

• Options
    imagebella&baby:

YES.

it's "Mom, mom, mom, mama, mama, MAMA"

it makes me laugh

This and sometimes I make her smile by responding with her name repeatedly LOL!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker M/C #1 - BFP 12/28/2008. Confirmed m/c at 6wks - blighted ovum on 1/9/2009. M/C #2 - BFP 6/16/2009. Confirmed m/c at 7wks - blighted ovum on 7/1/2009.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

common.  want a laugh?  have you seen the family guy clip about it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNkp4QF3we8

sorry not clicky, on a mac 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm wishing he would say my name period. Not a Ma or Da has come out of my boy's mouth! I am sure I should appreciate it now before he is doing it non-stop like your LOs!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    My dd yells for me by my first name repeatedly!! It's pretty funny..we thought she was saying da da when she said it but nope.. She'll yell ma ma too but every now and then she'll mix it up.
  • Options

DS was in that phase for a while. He has now moved on to "HUH?" to every single thing that you say to him and not just once or twice either. I so miss the mama, mama thing.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageJuliaKL:

Yes, and I can so understand Lois's exasperated reply!

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." - Jack Layton

BabyFruit Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP #2 12/26/11 ~ EDD 9/6/12 ~ MMC discovered on 1/27/12 @ 8w1d (measured 6w2d)

BFP #3 8/10/12 ~ EDD 4/23/13 ~ MMC discovered on 9/13/12 @ 8w2d (measured 6w6d)
  • Options
    imageKittyKatMom:
    imageJuliaKL:

Yes, and I can so understand Lois's exasperated reply!

Yes I thought about this clip when I read your post too! My son does this now too, esp driving down the car. Even when I respond to him he still continues to just say my name. I think he just likes the response.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Oh, yeah, DD definitely does this.  I end up encouraging it, without really trying, because every time she says "Mama" I say "Anna" and it goes back and forth for a while.  We sound like a couple of parrots with limited vocabularies. 
  • Options

imageMrsChibs:
    Oh, yeah, DD definitely does this.  I end up encouraging it, without really trying, because every time she says "Mama" I say "Anna" and it goes back and forth for a while.  We sound like a couple of parrots with limited vocabularies. 

LOL!!! That is exactly how I feel!!!!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Hahaha remember when we wanted them to talk!? lol
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Yep! With Emma it starts just as I leave the room. When she can't see me is when she starts the "MOMMY!" over and over. Then it goes to more like a question "MOMMY?" and I answer "Yes?" then she says "Ee momo!" which is Emma for "I love you". But she does it repeatedly till I get back in the room.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"