Babies on the Brain
Options

I'm about 30 seconds from walking out my door

I'm so livid.  H comes home and is trying to feed L jello.  He drops a piece on the carpet and accidentally steps in it.  He gets up and grabs the bottle of carpet cleaner, shakes it, it's empty.  I said "Yeah, I noticed it's empty too".  He goes into the kitchen, grabs another container of cleaning stuff and starts spraying. 

I look up and say "does that have bleach in it? I smell bleach" 

He says "I don't know, but it does smell like bleach"

I start to get up and he says "Yeah, it does, I can see it on the bottle...but it's ok, I think I got it cleaned up" 

I get up to go get something out of the kitchen to try and salvage the carpet.  

He says "I didn't know it had bleach in it!" 

On the back of the bottle, in huge letters it says "avoid contact with clothes, carpet...."

Nothing like bleaching the brown carpet, eh?

Mistakes happen, but he just doesn't THINK. :grumble:  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Little Man (4 years old---holy cow)
He's the single greatest thing I've done in my life and reminds me daily of how fun (and funny) life can be.  He's turned out pretty swell for having such a heartless and evil mother.  

Re: I'm about 30 seconds from walking out my door

• Options
    Smack him.   
  • Options
    Think or read.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    TTC #1 - Cycle 29 - BFP!! 03/05/10
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Blog BFP Chart Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Kick to the balls.
  • Options
    Men. Is the carpet ruined?
    Blog | Twitter | Facebook

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers imageimage image

Photo courtesy of mrs_b

• Options
    I can't get past the fact that he was feeding your baby jello.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageMrsVonKikabee:
    Men. Is the carpet ruined?

Idk.  We put vinegar on it and hopefully it neutralized before too much damage.  I am starting to see a spot, but H thinks I'm crazy.  

He's the single greatest thing I've done in my life and reminds me daily of how fun (and funny) life can be.  He's turned out pretty swell for having such a heartless and evil mother.  
  • Options
    Ugh. This happened to me with non-bleach cleaner. It still left a big spot. I went to the grocery and bought some RIT dye that matched the carpet color. I just covered it with the dye, left it for a half hour and soaked up the excess. You couldn't even find the spot if you looked for it. Thank Jeebus because it was a rental house-would have been out my deposit!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options

imagebancbev:

The dr suggested it.  He thinks L has strep or another throat infection.  He said (assuming L would eat it, which he wasn't..hence the jello being on the floor) it would be a way to get some liquids in him that would feel good in the process.

It's not part of his daily meals. :-P  

• Options

imagebancbev:

Eh, I was/am really picky with what I let A have. DH was much more laid back... jello wouldn't be something I would pick a fight over.

Photobucket  Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    This post edited by moderator to remove hyperlink spam.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"