Adoption
Options

Adoption update

Background-We were contacted by my cousin in April who told us her best friend was 17 wks pregnant (with a boy) and wanted to place him for adoption. We met the birth mother at the end of April and she told us she really liked us....it's been a whirl wind since then!

Very recently we had a 2 part home study...the first part consisted of a 2 hour question and answer session....LOTS of questions!!! The second part was a "tour" of our house...that was the easy part!

The birth mother is supposed to be induced this coming Friday (she has her final Dr. appt on Wednesday...this is her 6th pregnancy and she's had to have her water broken with all of them) She has asked DH and I to be in the delivery room with her! We are so excited and nervous!!

Also, I called the hospital and talked to a social worker (my lawyer suggested this) and the social worker was really great and told us we could have our own hospital room to stay in (as long as it wasn't filled up).

I'll definitely update after Friday---maybe a week or so later.  

Adopting after multiple rounds of fertility meds and 3 failed IUI's

Re: Adoption update

• Options
    Congratlations!! Keep us posted with pics:)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Congrats!!  How Exciting!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Congratulations!  That is awesome!
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

after several m/c, DD#1 born 7-7-08, more m/c and failed IVF, started adoption process March 2011, matched Oct 2, 2012, DD#2 born 10-31-12
    Hope Wait Pray Adoption Blog
  • Options
    Congrats!  How exciting!
    Our Blog - http://thedittemores.blogspot.com/
    Dx PCOS 2003/high fasting insulin/clotting issues DH Dx with low sperm count, motility and morphology. Varicocele repair (11/1/2010)
    2/2011 - Confirmed no improvement - On to Donor Sperm
    4 failed IUIs in 2010
    IUI#5 and 6- with DS, BFN
    Final IUI - Lucky #7! IUI with DS - 20.Jun.2011 - 21.5 mil motile! Not so lucky - BFFN and the end of our IF journey....
    Waiting for our family to be complete through Adoption - May 2012 - Hoping our baby finds us soon!
  • Options
    Congratulations!  So exciting and nervewracking!  Our hospital stay was amazing, but full of anxiety.  I hope everything goes perfectly for you!
    TTC #1 since 12/07 SA 9/08=borderline normal HSG 1/09 found R tube blocked Multiple IUIs both with oral and injectible drugs from 2/09-2/11 Started domestic adoption process in 5/10, homestudy complete 9/10 Failed adoption after home with baby for 2 weeks 11/10 Blessed through the miracle of private adoption with a son, born 6/6/11 (his grandma's bday) 7lbs 9oz 20.5 inches long! So worth the wait!
  • Options

Congratulations!!!  This so exciting.  My daughter's BM invited my Mother and I into the delivery room.  That is the best experience ever.  I was able to cut the cord and hold her right away.  I was given a room and had to take care of her that first night.  

It was funny because the nurses didn't know what to do with me.  One nurse said I'm so used to taking care of the mother but you don't need anything.  One insisted I ask for something so I just asked for water.  They were all so nice.  Since I did not give birth I was able to take DD home the next day. 

I am so excited for you.  I feel like I'm reliving the experience all over again.  Good luck and I hope you will have a happy health baby. 

• Options
    This post edited by moderator to remove hyperlink spam.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"