April 2011 Moms
Options

DH is Flipping Stupid Sometimes (an obvious vent)

DH's car is a POS.  It was his car in college before we got married etc.  He is super hard on the car and it breaks down all the time.  Earlier in the summer my parents were buying a new car and offered to sell their old one to us for like $3k.  The car was in GREAT SHAPE and they got a lot more for it when they traded it in.  DH said no.  Well fast forward to 2 weeks ago when his car broke down.  He had it towed and the repairs are taking FOREVER and are most likely not worth it.  He has decided he needs to buy a new car.

So I am taking a half day at work so we can go buy this new car.  He needs it because without a car he cannot get to work, we work in opposite directions with a 45min-1 hr commute each.  (riding together is NOT an option).  So he is off work all day (he cannot get there without a car) and I asked him to transfer some $ from our emergency fund into our checking account so we can pay for the car.  I gave him a specific $ amount (I do all of our finances) and told him to transfer $x to cover anything "unexpected".  When I called to ask how it went he told me he transfered $y amount.  WHY?!  I asked him why he transfered less than the original dollar amount I told him and he was like "oh, I don't know"  Why don't men ever listen?!?!!!?!  He is probably the most frustrating person on the planet.  Unexpected car buying is stressful enough without this! 

Sorry for this disconjointed rant.  I just don't know how not to explode on him some days.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: DH is Flipping Stupid Sometimes (an obvious vent)

• Options

Men are from Mars, women are from Venus! I have recently had to accept that my husband's brain works in a COMPLETELY different way then mine. Very frustrating, when you feel like your way is so organized and logical,and they continue to do it their own crazy way!

I'm trying really hard to not let it bother me, because sometimes they are so clueless that in reality, we are only hurting ourselves by becoming angry and resentful over it. I know if I get mad at my husband over something, he walks out of the room and forgets we even had an argument, while I'm left fuming and pining on it for hours! It's been tough to try and break that mental habit, but I'm working on it.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    imageMamabirdtoBe:

I know if I get mad at my husband over something, he walks out of the room and forgets we even had an argument, while I'm left fuming and pining on it for hours!

DITTO.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Mine shuts completely down then acts like nothing has happened.
                                                 Mom to 4 wonderful daughters
                                 Breanna, Ellie and 
                                 our 2 rainbow babies.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageMamabirdtoBe:

I'm trying really hard to not let it bother me, because sometimes they are so clueless that in reality, we are only hurting ourselves by becoming angry and resentful over it. 

Experiencing this right now. I'm trying to put our baby on a routine and sleep-train him, but nooooooooo, DH thinks he needs to stay up a little longer. His 7:30pm bedtime turns in to a 10:48pm bedtime. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Why does he think he knows better?! I'm the one who's going to wake up in the middle of the night to tend to him. Ugh!

Thanks for letting me vent. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"