January 2011 Moms
Options

valleybugt

Ok, I'm super late to this party, but you were born on The Farm?!?! OMG! Ina May is an amazing woman and I LOVED her book on natural childbirth. She was the one who convinced me to go for a natural birth. I cannot tell you how badly I wanted to drive out there for Simon to be born. Sounds like a fantastic place. :::sigh:::
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: valleybugt

• Options

I was just going to post this!!

Valleybugt- details please. Because I'm sure you remember your birth and all...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Haha yes I remember it all of course.

My mom was living in Tenn at the time she got pregnant with me under rather adverse circumstances.  She was all alone wasn't planning to have a baby and didn't have any money.  Apparently back the you could have your baby on The Farm free of charge and leave them behind if you wanted to.  My mom moved there when she was pregnant with me and lived there for the last months of her pregnancy.  As far as I can tell she ate a lot of tempeh and tie dyed a *** ton of things.  I have some letters she mailed my aunt while she was pregnant and she seemed happy and it sounded like they had pretty good technology on the farm even back then with dopplers and such.  She lived in a little cabin called The So Be It Union for most of her pregnancy, but right before she had me she moved to another cabin called ShangriLa.

She had a really uncomplicated labor that lasted 4 hours from start to baby.  She woke up at 1am in labor and walked through the woods in full blown labor to the cabin where the nearest midwife was and tell her she was in labor.  

I was my mom's longest labor at 4hrs.  My next sister was 3.5 hrs and my youngest sister was only 20 minutes...not kidding 20 minutes.  She had a home birth for both my sisters and the midwife did not even make it to my youngest sister's birth.

All the women on my mom's side have crazy short births, with the longest being 6 hours.  You can imagine I was surprised as hell when my home birth turned into a 37 hour labor fest that ended in a C-section. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"