Babies: 6 - 9 Months

What to do about a screamer??

my little girl is 8 months and just started this load screaming all the time thing. it is mostly of excitement but I is all the time now. We cant even go to a restaurant? any ideas or tips. She is a very happy and well behaved girl but this new thing has thrown us for a loop. 

Re: What to do about a screamer??

• My daughter does this too.  All the freaking time.  Far as I know, it's just one of those stages and you have to wait it out.  I'm crossing my fingers this is a very short stage.

My DCP has 5 kids of her own, and she doesn't have any solutions, either. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Do you mean the high pitched ear piercing squealing? if so ... Roman does it CONSTANTLY... my neighbor came and spoke to me about it a few days ago Embarrassed (she is a nurse who works shift work) she was lovely about it.. but its becoming a bit much for her.

i have no idea what to do about it ... i really need to do something.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • DS does it, too, mainly when he's super excited or when I run the blender (?). I think it's just one of their phases. He has done it a couple of different times, but each time I swear he reaches new shrieking levels never reached by any baby before.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I have the same problem too. C tends to only do it in the jumperoo. I think it may just be showing excitement, but it is LOUD.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We're in the same boat here and totally not looking forward to being around people on a long flight we have to take later this month.  Sometimes if we distract him by talking to him in a high pitched voice or squeaking a toy, he'll stop... but sometimes that just adds to the noise.

Our DS shrieks are so high pitched that they set off our wireless doorbell and make the neighborhood dogs go crazy! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"