Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

overweight and ttc

me and my husband are thinking of trying to start for a child at the begining of next year i'm going off the pill after this packet which is 17 days. Are there anyone that has had any major issues getting pregnant while being overweight and around 25 ? i'm going to try and lose about 10 pounds by the end of the year at least that is my goal. which would still put me at 330 or so i want to loose more and i plan on it but that is a realistic goal for me. any input would be helpful. Yes i do know being overweight can have impacts on the baby or me.

Re: overweight and ttc

• Options

The more weight you can lose ahead of time, the better. And losing just 10% of your weight can lower your BMI. I think the biggest hurdle with TTC and being overweight will be actually getting pregnant. I was a little overweight (50lbs or so) when I got PG with DD - it took 8 cycles. But that entire time I was trying to lose weight. Also, any weight you can lose now will help while you are pregnant. Being overweight while pg can increase your chances of issues such as gestational diabetes. You will be way more comfortable while pg if you do lose some of the weight,

However, having struggled with weight myself, I know how hard it is. The best advice I can give is to work on getting healthier - focus on some exercise (walking/getting active, stretches, strength training) and eating healthier - eat all the healthy foods you would eat while pg. I was lucky - while pg I only craved healthy stuff and lost 25lbs in the beginning (which Dr was okay with because I had the extra weight to lose).

Good luck. I know it can be hard. But the extra work is definitely worth it!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I have had weight problems as well. Mine was weighing less than what i should have weighed.  From what the doctors told me, whether your overweight or underweight , It could just be a matter of gaining or losing 5-10 pounds that makes a big difference.  My aunt weighed about as much as you did when she got pregnant and the child was born healthy and happy. :) Good Luck!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I just had this discussion with my doctor yesterday. She said as long as I am having regular cycles, I shouldn't have a problem. She told me a lot of people that are over weight don't have regular cycles. We did discuss blood pressure issues, and I had a thyroid function blood test, but I got the green light! By the way I'm  5'9" and 315
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Surprise BFP 6/1/2012
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    As a PP said, try to just focus on being healthier. You want to have a healthy active pregnancy, so might as well start now! Eat small, frequent, healthy meals. Be active, go for walks, etc. Try not to stress about the number on the scale, try to make good/healthy decisions for yourself and your future child.
    and i thought i loved you then <3<a href="http://daisypath.com/">Daisypath Anniversary tickersBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Missed Miscarriage discovered at 9w6d
    D&E 10.27.2011
    I'll love you forever Baby Speck Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"