Stay at Home Moms

I am so proud of my son!

My little guy has a speech disorder called Apraxia. It makes learning how to talk very difficult. In January we started a certain kind of speech therapy called PROMPT. When he started he had two words, Uh-Oh and Go. Today he has well over 150 words, he's saying new words eveything single day and has started consistently having two or more word combinations and finally has started asking questions!! I am so proud of him. PROMPT therapy is a lot of work and it's not always fun for him but it has really made a difference in his life.

Today he woke up from his nap and came out of his room looking for me. I was in the babys room with the door open and breastfeeding, he ran to the master room looking for me but passed the babys room without noticing me there. He then (for the first time ever) started calling out, "Where you go Mama? Come!" I was smiling from ear to ear. I swear my heart was about to burst with happiness. I called out and said I was in Olivers room, he came running, saw me and said, "There you mama!" and was laughing. BEST mommy moment ever!!!!!!!

Re: I am so proud of my son!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"