1st Trimester

Anyone have unexplained bleeding?

I've spotted since the day I got my BFP. Ended up going into ER last weekend due to extreme pain along with spotting. Baby looked good and I have an ovarian cyst which ER doc thinks is causing the pain. He said the bleeding is unexplained. Doc did not see any blood during the exam and my cervix is closed. Told me to take it easy until my follow up apt. with my doctor which is this Friday.

Today I did a little more than usual, basically just played with my toddler a little more and I started bleeding a lot more and its getting more red instead of brownish/pinkish. I'm just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this? I'm terrified I am going to be sentenced to bed rest; I had such a hard pregnancy last time and this one seems like it's headed in the same direction. I know women can have bleeding all throughout the pregnancy, I guess I'm just worried mine gets worse with activity. I know once you see the hb the chance of something happening decreases a lot, but it still makes me so nervous to bleed like this. Any thoughts or experience? TIA!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Anyone have unexplained bleeding?

• If you look at my post below. I kind of have a similar situation! GL
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I never did with DS, but I did for 2 weeks with this pregnancy, and everything so far is fine.  Sometimes women just bleed and it is OK.  Hang in there.  P.S. They did tell me not to lift DS unless I really need to and the days I hold him a lot, I always have some brown bleeding.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imagelnyost:
    I never did with DS, but I did for 2 weeks with this pregnancy, and everything so far is fine.  Sometimes women just bleed and it is OK.  Hang in there.  P.S. They did tell me not to lift DS unless I really need to and the days I hold him a lot, I always have some brown bleeding.

Was yours red? It's starting to look like a period (but it's only that heavy/red when I wipe). I really don't have a good feeling about it. Sad

• I spotted through the whole 1st tri and most of 2nd tri with DS and they were never able to locate a source of the bleeding.  As long as it really is just spotting and in small amounts, it's fine and actually common.  Since you have already been checked out and got a good bill of health, no need to worry unless the spotting changes or pain comes back.
    Anniversary Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Dog tickers

~Started TTC 2/09. BFP #1 11/09. EDD 8/7/10. DS born 8/7/10.~
    ~Surprise BFP #2 5/11 while still BF'ing. Natural M/C @ 7w3d.~
    ~BFP #3 8/11. EDD 4/24/12. Heavy bleeding episodes from a lost twin. DD born 4/14/12.~
    ~Started TTC 2/13. BFP #4 3/13. EDD 11/8/13. Hoping for smooth sailing!~
  • I woke up to bloody sheets yesterday and was thinking the worst. The blood subsided after I went to the bathroom for several hours, then started up for a few hours. I haven't had any bleeding (it was reddish and period-like) since yesterday evening. All today I've been gassy and just spotting.

I saw a doctor at our clinic yesterday and she wasn't worried and just had me go for a blood test to test HCG levels, then I'll go again on Friday to test again. I'm feeling positive since now I'm just spotting and I've had no freakish pain, just mild cramps which I've consistently had.

Anyways, after reading others' posts I hope you feel better. I know I do! Knowing others have had unexplained bleeding (not just spotting) is very reassuring. Best of luck! :) 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Have you talked to your OBGYN? If you are worried, get an appointment, it will put your mind at ease.
  • imageshanaynerz:

I woke up to bloody sheets yesterday and was thinking the worst. The blood subsided after I went to the bathroom for several hours, then started up for a few hours. I haven't had any bleeding (it was reddish and period-like) since yesterday evening. All today I've been gassy and just spotting.

I saw a doctor at our clinic yesterday and she wasn't worried and just had me go for a blood test to test HCG levels, then I'll go again on Friday to test again. I'm feeling positive since now I'm just spotting and I've had no freakish pain, just mild cramps which I've consistently had.

Anyways, after reading others' posts I hope you feel better. I know I do! Knowing others have had unexplained bleeding (not just spotting) is very reassuring. Best of luck! :) 

Thank you so much for sharing this! Mine got bad last night for a bit, but it was so strange, it was only really heavy, period like when I wiped and I had terrible cramps. But it has completely stopped so I am feeling better about it. I have an appt. tomorrow first thing so hopefully I will get more reassurance.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"