Nurseries and Baby Gear

What does baby wear to bed??

I know this may sound silly but Im due on 10/10 the weather is normally around 66 for the high. I plan on using the miracle blanket and swaddlemes...what would i put on underneath my L/O ? A onesie and his footed PJ?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFetus Ticker

Re: What does baby wear to bed??

• We did  PJ's under the miracle blanket. I read somewhere that the optimal temp for an infant is between 69 and 72* so it didn't really matter what time of the year it was. I guess we still do warmer PJ's in the winter and cooler in the summer though.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I do a onesie + sleepsack in the summer and footed PJs + sleepsack in the winter. Keep your home at an appropriate temperature and your baby will be fine. You won't want to go through 3 layers of clothing to change diapers at night, trust me. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Right now our AC is set to 72 and he sleeps in a swaddle me by Summer with only a diaper on underneath it.  He seems quite comfortable and it makes for easy diaper changes.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I did a onesie under the swaddle mes.  I know there is an increase risk of SIDS if baby gets overheated so I probably underdressed her for the first 2 months.  She refused the swaddle after that.   Then I moved to light cotton sleep sacks with long sleeved onesies for another 3 months and now we are in zipper sleepers with a light blanket (she can move it off of her).  Stock up on zipper sleepers.  I seriously do not understand why they make the snap ones.  Nothing like having no sleep and trying to get those darn snaps to match up. 
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • DS was born nov 10; for the first 5m or so we used fleece footed pjs and a sleep sack; after that just the fleece pj for a little over a month

light cotton pj in late spring-early summer and just an onesie during the summer (we turn his a/c on but only to keep the room cool, not cold)

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers Anniversary
  • a sleeper, mittens and swaddle blanket or miracle blanket
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • With my newborns (in the winter), I did long sleeve footy pj's underneath a swaddle me or sleep sack.  In the summer, when they are older and out of the swaddle, I do long sleeve onesie w/ a sleep sack or just the footy pj's.

• DS has always worn just footie pjs to bed. No swaddle, no wearable blanket, just footie pjs. If his pjs are foot-less, then he gets socks too.

In the summer, we keep the A/C around 72*F and in the winter we keep the heat around 70*F.

• DD wore a footed onesie and then was swaddled through the first 5 or so months of her life.  It was good enough.  We used the miracle blanket most of the time.
  • For the 1st 2-3 months I would dress her in a gown and then a swaddleme or swaddle blanket.  It made middle of the night diaper changes SO much easier.  I hated footed pjs with snaps when she was really little.  We kept her room between 68 and 71 degrees.

DD's Food Allergies: Peanuts and Rice, Outgrown Dairy!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

8/09 Dx PCOS & Hashimoto's
    BFP #2 12/13/11. Missed M/C at 11w5d, measured 8w6d. D&C 2/1/12
    Never in my arms, but always in my heart.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• My son was born 12/1. We did a cotton sleeper and a Swaddle Me.

It really will just depend on the temperature of the room they're sleeping in and the individual baby. My son hated fleece PJs!

11-15-08
    12-1-10
  • We have always used a footed sleeper. We swaddled for 8 weeks in January and still used the sleeper.
  • Our house is 71-72 degrees and either just pajamas with socks or feet. Or a onesie with a swaddle and socks. I keep the baby dressed similarly to us, maybe slightly warmer.
  • skioskio member

DD was born in March and we kept our heat on 70 at night - which made her room anywhere from 67-70. She was always in a l/s onesie, footed sleeper and either a receiving blanket (the early days) or SwaddleMe.

Once it got warm, we keep the house at 75 at night and she's in a s/s onesie, footed sleeper, and Halo sleepsack (she's not swaddled anymore).

imagePregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"