Breastfeeding

Working moms---what to do on day off?

Ok, silly question. I started back at work on monday. I pump 3 times a day at work and feed what I pump to LO the next day...so what do you do on your days off? Do you BF only like before or do you keep pumping and giving her a bottle? I feel like if I'm there I should BF her...but I don't want to confuse her

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Working moms---what to do on day off?

• I BF whenever I'm with him - evenings and weekends. And it's good for your supply.
  • I BF when home with DS. He has always done fine transitioning between boob & bottle.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I went back to work 3 weeks ago.

I BF DD on my days off (Thrus, Sat & Sun). I always do my first pumping session around 2 AM always, every day (and that is only 1 boob 'cause daugther takes the other one)...but thats it I dont pump for the rest of the day in my days off. However, I only pump in my days off if i get really engorged.

Daughter has no problem, I don't think she is confused. I think she enjoys every chance that she has to be BF. I can see it on her face!!!!! she loves cuddling!!!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I put the pump in the closet for the weekends and she just BFs as needed

If, for some reason, I need to build up some extra, I'll pump (early on, to build up stash, I did an extra pump after she went to bed every night--even on weekends).  If she decides to nap through feeding time (HA, that would require her to nap), I'll pump.  That happened something like 3x in the last year :)

• I BF as usual. However since I don't make enough while at work to keep up with what he gets at daycare, I pump before I go to bed every night. 
  • Thanks for the responses! BF her seemed to make the most sense to me too!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

• I BF when we are together.  It would probably be more confusing for her to get a bottle from you when she knows that she could nurse directly from you.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I take advantage of every nursing session I can get!

Off to the beach

DS 7/18/2010
    Handy 2.0 Due Early August

2011/2012 Races
    12/17/2011 Christmas Caper 10K
    2/11/2012 Have a Heart 5K
    3/17/2012 DC RNR Half Marathon
    4/22/2012 10M Parkway Classic
    10/28/2012 Marine Corps Marathon
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards