June 2011 Moms

A freaking INCISOR! edit: CANINE!

LO has been super fussy today and had a complete meltdown when I was visiting my office and I could not console him at all. He had a similar meltdown this evening before bed and I thought "perhaps I should just feel around to make sure he isn't teething." I didn't feel anything in his gums where the usual first teeth are (top and bottom, center), then I found it... his left incisor is just barely breaking through his gums.

I'm completely unprepared for teething! He can't hold a teething ring or anything, I have no pain relievers and I didn't even get around to ordering an amber necklace yet. My mom said sometimes teeth come and go before they actually break-through, which I'm hoping is the case.

Anyone else dealing with teeth yet? How are you and LO handling it?

Edit: I don't know my teeth... it's a canine... the pointy one.... boo. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: A freaking INCISOR! edit: CANINE!

• They have stuff that you can get to rub on his gums to help. You can also get a jar of whole pickles and put them in the fridge. They're large enough that he can't choke on them and the fridge makes them a cool treat on the gums. The old school solution is to rub Kahlua on the gums but that's a little shady lol. Oh also, you can give baby acetaminophen to help as well.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My DS (who's almost 3), started teething at 2 months... but he didn't actually pop any teeth until he was about 5 months old. As PP said, often the teething process can take months, and some start popping teeth out quickly. It just varies on the LO. Baby acetaminophen, teething tablets (as they are now back on the shelves), pickles (like PP said), and the amber teething necklaces are all helpful. Sometimes they just need to chew on their hands. Let them. (I think theres a difference between sucking a thumb and chewing on their hands/fingers for comfort) You just do (or let your LO do) whatever you feel is right for you guys. Good luck!
    Photobucket
  • Loading the player...
  • imagehepcats:
    They have stuff that you can get to rub on his gums to help. You can also get a jar of whole pickles and put them in the fridge. They're large enough that he can't choke on them and the fridge makes them a cool treat on the gums. The old school solution is to rub Kahlua on the gums but that's a little shady lol. Oh also, you can give baby acetaminophen to help as well.

my Mom so rubbed brandy on mine in desparation. lol

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"