April 2012 Moms
Options

My first ultrasound at 7 weeks :)

I had my first ultrasound today. The baby is sooooo tiny you can hardly tell it's there, but it IS there and growing at the perfect rate (according to the doctor)!! The thing that suprised my husband and I was that we saw the heart beating!! Well the Dr. said, technically, at this stage, it is not truley the heart yet. It is a cluster of cells that will be the heart and they are already "flickering" as she called it. Soooooo exciting!!! This is my first pregnancy ever, so I've been very nervous about things, especially miscarrying (every woman has a 1 in 4 chance) and the Dr. said today that once a heart beat is seen, our chances of miscarrying go down to 1 in 12, so this is good news to hear! Wishing a healthy and happy 9 months to all of you mommies-to-be!!! :)

Re: My first ultrasound at 7 weeks :)

• Options
    That's wonderful. I cannot wait to see my 2 little heartbeats.
    Taking the Scenic Route
    FET: Success! Beta at 14dp5dt: 2427 TWINS!!
  • Options
    awwww, twins....congrats!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yay! Congrats!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Hooray! Congrats!  Good to hear it was a good experience.  Mine is tomorrow and I am freaking out a little!!!  Did you get a pic of your US?
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    So exciting! Also, I didn't know about that 1 in 12 statistic after hearing the heartbeat... that will make me feel a lot better next week after I *hopefully* hear my babies heartbeat
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'm about 7 weeks and had my first ultrasound today too :) Congrats to you! So glad everything looks good! The said the same to us!!! Have a great night!!! I was so relieved after seeing/hearing the heartbeat and I can totally agree with your entire post. It's a huge relief knowing everything is going well :)
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I saw mine little beans heartbeat yesterday at 7 weeks. My dr. said there is a less than 10% chance of losing the bean at this point. That made me relax alot. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Glad to hear yours went well!  I have my first tomorrow and I'm so excited!  Even more excited about having my midwife write an Rx for this horrible morning/all day sickness!  I'm miserable......It's funny, this is my second pregnancy and I was adamant about a natural labor and birth w/ my first child, which I did and handled just fine.  But this nausea is something totally different....bring on the meds!
    Maria BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Yay!  Ultrasounds are the best.  I keep envisioning that little beating heart I saw and it makes me so happy!  I'm glad yours went so well :)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    That's awesome! Glad you got to see the baby and the little HB =0)
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic image image Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"