Success after IF
Options

Fall wardrobe question

How many pairs of pants/shirts do you think a toddler needs for the fall/winter? I don't think much, if any, of Toodle's cold weather clothes from last year will fit him, so I need to inventory what I've bought new recently as I have started buying, and figure out what else he needs (this is to avoid OVER buying, which I have a tendency to do).

We don't have the time to do laundry more than once a week, so I figure at least 7 pairs of pants/7 shirts (we can wear jeans more than once without washing but you never know if he'll have a diaper blow out, get food all over them, etc., so can't count on that)...but how much more than that? I like dressing him cute so I don't want him to wear the same 7 outfits week after week, and I also need to account for the fact that some days he'll make messes that will necessitate an outfit change...

Yeah, not an earth shattering problem, but we can use some redirection, no?

*** It's funny because I'm fat ***

Re: Fall wardrobe question

• Options
    I am the queen of overbuying, Graeme had 2 bins of clothes packed up in size 12mo so I decided I needed to cut back. This year I have/am planning to have about 7 pairs of jeans/khaki's/cords and then and then additional more casual clothing for daycare (I think about 7 pairs of warmups/sweats) or when he makes a mess and necessitates a wardrobe change. Likewise, I'll probably have about 6 or 7 sweaters a few sweat shirts and a bunch of shirts to mix and match. Probably still too much but I have a hard time paring down more than that.
    "Normal day, let me be aware of the treasured day you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart...let me hold you while I may."

TTC #1- unexplained...lost left ovary 4/07 IUI #1 2/10/09-BFN IUI #2 3/5/09-BFN IVF # 1-BFP

TTC#2- FET 4/7/11 BFP, Natural mc 5/5/11 IVF#2 ER 9/13/11, ET 9/16/11, Beta #1 9/27/11 BFP 254 Beta #2 9/30/11 793 -Twins!

• Options

It always seems like I buy too much, but towards the end of the season, I'm always in her closet asking myself why she has NOTHING to wear.

She outgrows things SO quickly, I'm never sure how much to buy.

I'm ashamed to admit it, but I'm already buying for next summer...ON had a good sale, and I stocked up on short sleeved shirts (in a size 4T!!).

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagedana316:

It always seems like I buy too much, but towards the end of the season, I'm always in her closet asking myself why she has NOTHING to wear.

I'm ashamed to admit it, but I'm already buying for next summer...ON had a good sale, and I stocked up on short sleeved shirts (in a size 4T!!).

We are just the opposite. Graeme still has 2 pairs of pants from last year that still fit him...poor peanut. I didn't buy for next summer because I know all his adjustable shorts will still fit unless he has a massive growth spurt. 

"Normal day, let me be aware of the treasured day you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart...let me hold you while I may."

TTC #1- unexplained...lost left ovary 4/07 IUI #1 2/10/09-BFN IUI #2 3/5/09-BFN IVF # 1-BFP

TTC#2- FET 4/7/11 BFP, Natural mc 5/5/11 IVF#2 ER 9/13/11, ET 9/16/11, Beta #1 9/27/11 BFP 254 Beta #2 9/30/11 793 -Twins!

• Options

I always overbuy too.  Oh well, we want our kids to look cute!  

I think you could get away with about 8 pairs of pants and like 15 tops.  That way he always has a spare in case he gets them dirty or whatever.  We always have way more summer clothes here as apposed to winter clothes.  

I always like to have more shirts too because I get tired of them by the end of the season because I see them so much.   

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagedana316:

I could have written this word for word!

Girls are either easier or harder because we buy a lot of things in outfits, but, then I always like to have separates, like jeans and cute shirts.  Oh, and then there are the cute little sweater dresses.....  Ugh, can you tell I'm already majorly overbuying?!

• Options
    I was just thinking the same thing.  I am hoping he still fits in his 24 month/2T pants and shirts he wore last fall/winter.  At least for the next couple of months (like til November).   But when I do have to replenish his wardrobe, I will probably go with 8 pairs of pants (jeans,khakis) and probably 10 or so long sleeve shirts (for winter months).  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"