Stay at Home Moms
Options

tell me I'm not the only one (coupon related)

Tell me I'm not the only one who clips coupons, writes up a list, goes shopping, buys everything on the list, and then neglects to hand over the coupons.

I just did that at BJ's. I had $6 worth of coupons in my wallet. They are still in my wallet...and today was the last day to use them. I didn't notice my mistake until I was already on my way home. I'm totally giving myself the V-8 head slap now.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: tell me I'm not the only one (coupon related)

• Options

I've done this once or twice and it PISSES me off.  Especially when I am using them to buy something that I normally wouldn't (but let's say that the coupon will make it free and it's something I have been wanting to try).

Grrrrr. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    MJCFMJCF member
    Yep, been there, done that :( 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I have done it a couple of times!  Makes me upset!! 

Glad I didn't do it this week - took $20 off my grocery bill total.  I was so proud, lol.

Adrian 7.6.07 - ADHD, Disruptive Behavior Disorder, Learning Disability-NOS
    Cam 6.6.10 - Autism, Global Developmental Delay, Mixed Receptive/Expressive Communication Disorder
  • Options

I have done this several times in the past (I'm getting better now!) at Walmart.  I've always been able to go to customer service with the coupons and the receipt and they give me cash for what the coupons were worth.

Maybe you can do this?

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageLiz342:

I have done this several times in the past (I'm getting better now!) at Walmart.  I've always been able to go to customer service with the coupons and the receipt and they give me cash for what the coupons were worth.

Maybe you can do this?

They might do that but I live 45 minutes away. It would cost me at least $6 in gas and tolls to go back to the store (not to mention the time). I think I just have to suck up my $6 "stupid tax." LOL

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I totally do this.  It is so frustrating, especially the ones that are about to expire!

One time I had three 5% off your total order coupons from my grocery store (they allow you to accumulate up to 4 and use them together) and I purposely bought things I didn't necessarily need that week, but stuff that was on sale and we would use within a month.  Effing forgot to hand over the coupons and they expired the next day

DS 3.12.08
    DD 7.11.09
    DD 8.01.13
  • Options
    I've done it.  One time I was so proud of myself, I made a list, matched up manufacturer's coupons with store coupons, etc. and forgot the whole thing at home. The worst part?  I didn't realize it until after I got home and stumbled upon my wonderful organized list/coupons.  We had a lot going on at that time so I forgave myself more than I should have, lol.
    DD#1~8/17/96------DS~10/24/05 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I've done that more times than I care to admit.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I used to do this, but now I stick the coupons in my wallet where I see them when I get out my credit card.  Otherwise I'd never remember to use them.
  • Options
    I left a $10 bill in the self checkout at walmart once. I have flashback everytime I go in now!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I usually remember to give them my coupon stack, but sometimes I forget that I'd gotten some out of my coupon wallet at the store and didn't put them back, so I have them floating around in my purse when I get home! Annoying! 

Also, today I made a rookie mistake and tried to use 2 store coupons (One was a catalina and one was an ad coupon, though. I thought they'd both work! But no, since the catalina was for a store brand)  Annoyed me because I wouldn't have purchased 2 of them otherwise.

DD1: Maya 05/10
    DD2: Lucia (Lucy) 07/13
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"