Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

My MiMi passed away yesterday....

Yesterday morning I got an early call from my mom.  My MiMi (grandmother) passed away in her sleep around 2 am.  Her health had been deteriorating over the last year and she spent a few weeks in Hospice, before they told us she had stabilized and needed to be moved.  Recently the doctors told her that her heart was functioning at 30% and had less than a year.  She told us she didn't feel like she'd make it that long.  She was having breathing difficulties and spent most of her time in bed.

I know she is in a better place and I hated seeing her suffer.  I am extremely lucky to have had her around for our wedding and the birth of our first child.  Some friends I have never even met their grandparents or don't remember them, but I was blessed to have her in my life for 29 years.

The selfish part of me, misses her and wishes I could just sit and talk to her one more time.  She was a very extraordinary woman and was really the glue that kept our family together.  She always had a kind word and knew the right thing to say to make everything all better.  

My mom is really not taking it well.  Her husband walked out on her 6 months ago and now this.  Not to mention some of our family is already starting drama - I am sure I will be posting about it before the week is over! 

Just need some thoughts and prayers for my family as we go through the coming days.  Thanks.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: My MiMi passed away yesterday....

• Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I am so sorry about your MiMi. I know how it is to loose someone so dear to your heart.

Do you live close to your mom? The best thing is to be there for her. Either in person or a lot of phone calls throughout the day.

I will pray for you and your family.

On a side note, where in north fl do you live? I am close to St. Augustine

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Prayers to you and your family, she sounds like she was a wonderful woman,

Lilypie - (fjc0)

• Options

I am so sorry for your loss.  I lost my grandma just over a month ago, same situation, passed away in her sleep about 2:30 am.  There isn't a day that hasn't gone by that I haven't wanted to have one more conversation with her.  It gets easier, a little, at least.  I know she's in a better place, and is now longer having any of the ailments she was having.

And, like you, I know how incredibly lucky I am to have had her at my wedding, to meet my baby and to be here for 30 years of my life.

Thinking of you and your family in this difficult time.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    sorry for your loss
    DD-2/7/10
    BFP-4/8/14

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"