June 2011 Moms
Options

Never engorged?

The personal record post below made me realize that I've never woken engorged. Recently Dd started sleeping 9+ hrs a night & I still only get 4oz when I pump before her first feeding. I was curious if anyone else is never engorged!

Re: Never engorged?

• Options
    Not any more, but I used to be engorged every morning. But she started STTN at 4 weeks when my supply was still regulated by hormones instead of demand, so I felt like I was always busting at the seams!
    photo image_zps90e45ea2.jpg
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

I used to. I read that as our supply matures we make just what we need and it happens less. Maybe you've just always made the right amount.

I had to look this up because I was afraid my supply was dropping but turns out it's normal with time and engorgement is not as normal..

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageAprilLynn09:

I used to. I read that as our supply matures we make just what we need and it happens less. Maybe you've just always made the right amount.

I had to look this up because I was afraid my supply was dropping but turns out it's normal with time and engorgement is not as normal..

I found this out too-- I haven't been engorged since week 2

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I *never* had that engorged feeling - even when my milk came in. Sometimes I feel fuller - like in the AM - but never hugely engorged... but then again - i have some big boobies. I dont know if that makes a difference.

I know that at night -  cant sleep on my side, or else Ill wake up with my boobs feeling heavier with gravity....but thats okay because I ama  back sleeper.

• Options
    I have never been engorged, not once. I actually went to an LC and was worried about it and she assured me it meant I was BFing often and well and that women "shouldn't" get engorged. I used to get engorged all the time when BFing DS1 but I always had major supply issues and had no milk by 6 months, so maybe it's a good thing I'm never engorged! At least I hope!
  • Options
    I was gonna post something similar this morning after M slept a record breaking 8 hour stretch and I didn't feel engorged.  Glad to know it's normal.
  • Options

I haven't been engorged since my first baby.

My supply seems to adjust rather quickly with these kids now.

• Options
    I haven't been engorged since the very beginning when my milk came in and after a couple nights where he slept longer than usual.  I was also worried about a supply issue because I thought they should feel more full but after reading, found out engorgement is not normal!
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I still have problems with it. My breasts think they need to make milk for the whole neighborhood though. I've also read something about some women having a smaller fill capacity or something along those lines which basically just means they get full faster than others.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Ive only been engorged a handful of times. Mostly they are soft. Crazy to think lo still can get lots from a soft bb.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"