January 2012 Moms
Options

AW: Cute answer to "Where do babies come from?"

I heard this a while ago, but I was just thinking about this.  It's an explanation a friend had given his daughter when she asked about where babies come from.  It was age appropriate without telling her an outright lie.

"Men are carriers of 'the boy plague'.  They can't get it, but they can give it to women.  If a man gives a woman the boy plague, then the woman will have nausea and her belly will grow.  9 months after she gets 'the boy plague', she has a baby!"

Dunno if using the word plague will ever turn her off to babies but I thought it was a cute explanation.  Anyone else hear any cute baby origin stories that you plan on sharing with your LO?

July '15 siggy challenge: Thanksgiving fails
Lilypie Maternity tickers
imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
PitaPata Cat tickersPitaPata Cat tickers

Re: AW: Cute answer to "Where do babies come from?"

• Options
    Hahah that is too cute! I love to hear what kids come up with.
    BabyFetus Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I was a long term sub for first grade, while I was pg with DS.  All the kids kept asking me where I was going to have baby...we planned a homebirth, so it was hard to explain to them.  I only answered questions when asked.  I guess a lot of them had younger siblings so they kindof knew abuot babies.  when they asked me how babies were born/made, I told them to ask their parents.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My 4 year old niece recently asked my sister "how does the baby come out" and my sister responded with "the doctor helps" : )
    Married 08.06
    Started TTC 05.08
    Me: Stage II endo, borderline high FSH
    DH: perfect
    1 lap, 5 IUIs = 4 BFNs and 1 c/p
    2 IVFs, 2 FETs = 1 BFN, 1 c/p, 1 ectopic and finally a sticky BFP in May 2011!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

1 FET in Aug 2013 = BFP! 

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"