Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

What helped your gassy baby?

Mylicon isn't helping, and my diet doesn't have many offensive foods in it (I'm BFing.)  Did you eliminate something from your diet that helped your LO?  Or did something else help?  Poor thing can't sleep b/c she keeps waking up with gas.

TIA.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: What helped your gassy baby?

• Options
    Gripe water has been amazing for us with gas for my newest as well as my 3 year old when she was little
  • Options

imagecflynn:
    Gripe water has been amazing for us with gas for my newest as well as my 3 year old when she was little

I heard there were a lot of different formulations of gripe water. Which brand do you use?

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Gripe water helps with my LO's hiccups, but nothing else.  I know there are some fomulas with Parabens (e.g. Little Tummies) and some with alcohol, neither of which most people want their babies to have...but I've heard that those work better.

I'm not an expert though.  Mylicon drops seem to work way better for my LO.  Good luck! 

• Options

During the day, you can try bicycling her legs to help move out the gas. There are also some massages that work for some babies but they don't help mine.

ETA: I've heard and read that whatever you eat (aside from dairy and soy for LO's with protein allergies) doesn't have a significant enough impact on your BM to impact LO.

• Options

I looked up some infant massage techniques on YouTube.  I believe one is called sun and moon and the other is waterwheel.  He seemed to enjoy the massages. They key to them working is consistency and regularity. 

Good luck.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I haave cut out the following foods and my LO is much less gassy and is sleeping MUCH better

Broccoli, asparagus, beans, cabbage, milk, caffeine (including chocolate), and very spicy foods.

LO and I are both happier and getting more sleep.

I cut out caffeine b/c LO refused to nap, not b/c of gas.... but it seems to have helped him get to sleep and STAY asleep. HTH

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    i have LO do his bicycle legs and sometimes i kinda rub his belly downwards thinking it might help move the gas out. it does seem to help though since LO lets a couple farts out minutes later. if he's still fussy after about 20 minutes i give him some gripe water. i'm not so sure if it really is working but after a few minutes LO seems content and smiling again so i continue to use it.
  • Options
    We use Mylicon and Mommy's Bliss (AKA Baby's Bliss) Gripe Water.  The gripe water seems to work really well when all else has failed.
    TTC since 8/2004
    Me - DX Hashimoto's Disease, Hypothyroid, Rheumatoid Arthritis
    DH - DX Azoospermia - Sertoli Cell Syndrome
    DS-IUI #1-4 BFN IVF #1 - BFP! It's a boy!!!
  • Options
    Colic Calm. I found it worked better than Mommys Bliss gripe water and mylicon drops
    Lilypie - (eo79)
     Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Thanks, ladies!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"