February 2012 Moms

Expectant Mother Parking

I haven't parked in one of these designated parking spots because I feel bad for the women who actually need them. Well, I was babysitting a 2 year old yesterday, and since these spots are also for parents with small children, I took advantage and parked in one. In my head, I told myself that I was parking there because I'm pregnant though!

Does anyone else feel bad parking in these spots?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Expecting #2 In June 2014
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Expectant Mother Parking

• I've never seen them.

• DH tried to get me to use those spots when we went to BRU the other day. I told him he was nuts. There's not reason I can't walk the extra distance. Now, when I'm 8 months pregnant, it'll be a different story. So yeah, I would feel bad using them now.
    Pass the sheet cake.

BabyGaga
  • Loading the player...
  • I don't see them very often, tbh. When I do see them, well... I guess it depends how many are open for whether or not I'd feel bad parking there! If there're, like, three open Expectant Mother spots, then, sure... but if it's just one? I'll park somewhere else and walk further!
    ---
    ♥ Married since June 2009 ♥
    TW: Living children & Losses:
    Mom of sons "Alpha" (Feb 2012) & "Beta" (May 2016)
    Pregnant after 4 losses via IVF/FET with daughter "Gamma" (EDD Oct 2, 2019)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Twice I was with my mom and she parked in that space because I am pregnant!  I think she just wanted to park closer! :-)

• We parked in the expectant mother parking the other day at BRU, too. I was so excited to park there, after I had just found out we were expected. We got inside and I saw ladies looking like they were about to pop and as hot and miserable as it was outside I began to feel pretty bad about it, they needed it much more than I did!
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • I would feel badly using one now too! I agree, when I am super pregnant (at least showing a little more) I will take advantage but not now. It also really makes me mad when I see people that have no business (an old guy with no kids, a grandma with no children, etc) get out of their cars after just having pulled into these spots.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Sure do! It's a perk of being pregnant!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • I do, but I also have DS so I really appreciate being able to park closer. 

Missed m/c 10/25/10 @ 11.5 weeks

• I don't for the most part, but sometimes I do.  Just because I finally can.

<3<3 "You know my name, not my story.
    You've heard what I've done, not what I've been through.
    If you were in my shoes, you'd fall the first step." <3<3

• I think they're ridiculous; we're pregnant...not handicapped.  And at stores like BRU, aren't almost all of their customers expectant mothers??  They should be designated for a parent shopping alone! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I would love to see these, but I never have.  I definitely think they are a great idea, as someone on pelvic rest for now, and later when I am huge with the twins. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Not to hijack the thread but on a similar note, when I was living in Brazil they had special lines at the bank, grocery store or post office for pregnant women. I wish they had that here.  I don't necessarily NEED special treatment, but honestly... truthfully, I like it.  Big Smile
    x
  • I have an almost 2 year old and park in them all the time at the mall.  They are for pregnant and parents with small children.  I love those spots!
  • I haven't parked in those spots yet ? I feel bad about it. DH tried to park in one when we were at BRU and I yelled at him. Smile
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker peri-partum cardio myopathy survivor
  • I use them!! I have my LO and then being pregnant any way I can conserve my energy I greatly appriciate it!!
  • imagekansasmommy2be:

I would feel badly using one now too! I agree, when I am super pregnant (at least showing a little more) I will take advantage but not now. It also really makes me mad when I see people that have no business (an old guy with no kids, a grandma with no children, etc) get out of their cars after just having pulled into these spots.

I live in an area where our grocery store is one of 2 in the city and its been all hyped up. It's nearly IMPOSSIBLE to find a parking space close EVER! So they have 6 preggers spots and about 25-30 handicapped spots. I am soooo irritated when I see cars parked in these spots with their handicap tag hanging from the mirror with about 10 available handicap spots available still!!!!! It's like, you can park in your spot legally and I just have to turn my head and ignore this?! I can't park in your spot! It's just that these 6 spots are conveniently located in the isles by the main entrance - so the old people don't want to walk down the isles, even if they get freakin front parking!  Those handicapped spots are always available - they should convert them over for the preggers. I'd rather have a front spot and walk a little than park basically across the block and walk.

ETA: I don't care to park far now - but I know I will and I feel bad for the pregnant mom's with 3 kids walking to the end of the huge lot.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie - (K6Db)

imageimageimage

TTC #2 since 10/2013

BFP #1 (4.14.14) ~ CP (4.18.14)

BFP #2 (6.27.14) ~ EDD 3.7.15

• i parked in one the day i got my BFP. it's a perk of being pregnant! i don't feel bad because the spots at my BRU are always open.....i think they have too many spots or the girls are just too shy to park there!

• hhmm i do park there when theres other open spots available close to the door, especially with the weather we have been having here in texas, its sooo hot outside!! plus depending ion what i am buying (if im buying lots of groceries or i know i will have a couple of bags to carry) then i will take full advantage of those spots!!!
  • I would totally use one if it was raining and I had my 3 year old with me.  Otherwise, I like to park further out and walk.  Walking is good for us. 

Lilypie - (ZESJ)Lilypie - (QAi1)

• I sometimes use them at BRU since they have so many of those spots- it depends how many are available.  I would certainly feel guilty if I took the only one when I don't really need it.  There's one spot at my supermarket, but I can generally get a more convenient spot anyways, so I only used it once during my last pregnancy.

At the very end of my last pregnancy I parked in this reserved spot at my office building.  I don't know who those (3) spots were reserved for, but they were always empty.  So I parked there my last 2 weeks before ML.  It was a heatwave and I just couldn't stand to walk any further in 100degree weather.  Now we're in a new building and I have to park really far away.  I am not looking forward to walking through an icy parking lot at 9months pregnant in February.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• I have used them a couple times.  After three pregnancy losses, I intend to enjoy every ounce of this pregnancy, including the parking perks :)

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I don't use it and won't until my baby is here. I never used it when pregnant with DS or when he was tiny but now I'll be taking a toddler and a baby into stores so you can bet your a$$ I'll use it!  Probably not for long though.

IMO, those spots are meant for women who are having getting around while pregnant (maybe overdue, having multiples, other issues) and I don't.  Plus the only stores here that have it almost always have ample parking.  Now if it were the mall I might use it now vs. parking a mile away :)

* DS1...allergic to dairy, peanuts, eggs and turkey *

love is for every her, love is for every him, love is for everyone
  • I would only use it if it was necessary... such as bad weather (which also means really hot... although I hope we're almost past that here) or if I have to go out and am having a hard time getting around.  I haven't paid much attention to the ones here, but if they're set up like handicapped spots where there's extra room to get in/out of the car, by about 7 months I may be needing it (I feel big already, and I'm not even 4 calendar months yet so I'm expecting to be gigantic).  I'd hate to take a spot away from someone who needs it when I'm just being lazy.
    July '15 January Siggy - snow fails
    image image
    Pregnancy Ticker

• I live in a small town and we dont have these. Someone should tell them that the stores here need them.

I am not sure if I would use them either, but with 110 degree weather on a regular basis I might. Especially when the heat makes me throw up! Oh and my sister is currently 36 weeks and she has a 2 year old, she would enjoy these.

I am jealous and as I get bigger I will become more jealous everytime I go to the store :)

• This might be an UO, but personally, I believe that those spots should be reserved for the women who really need them... ie: women who are in 3rd trimester who have a bit more of a difficult time getting around.

I don't park in them, and won't until I get to the point where I'm big enough to actually justify using them, if I even ever need them at all. Honestly, when I see someone get out of their car after parking there, and they're just barely pregnant... I think to myself "Come on... are you really that lazy?"

• imagehillbillysunshine:
    I think they're ridiculous; we're pregnant...not handicapped.  And at stores like BRU, aren't almost all of their customers expectant mothers??  They should be designated for a parent shopping alone! 

Well worded.

• imageNY-allie:
    I do, but I also have DS so I really appreciate being able to park closer. 

Same for me.  The only places that I have seen that have them are BRU and our local Mall.  I love it for the Mall because I have the stroller etc.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"