Stay at Home Moms

Do you have a "signature" color?

Such as around your home?

Once upon a time I bought navy blue towels for our master bathroom because with DH's work they are less likely to show stains when he misses a spot after showering.  Since then I have bought the following in navy blue: a rug for in front of our living room fireplace, a kitchen rug, placemats for our dining room table, quilt for our master bedroom, new rugs for our master bathroom (to match the towels of course, lol).  On top of that, the ceiling fan in our bedroom is navy blue and the carpeting is a darker shade of blue.

Funny thing is, I don't even care for that color.  But it works with the paint color scheme we have going on (open kitchen, dining area and living room) and so I seem to gravitate towards it. Even when I thought about getting a new couch my first thought was navy blue!  Then I stopped myself because that would be overkill, lol. 

DD#1~8/17/96------DS~10/24/05 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Do you have a "signature" color?

• DH's family teases us that we only buy burgundy cars.  I do love burgundy, dark green, etc. and three of our cars over the years have been burgundy.  I honestly didn't seek out that color when car shopping - it's just how it worked out!

My twins are 5! My baby is 3!

DS#2 - Allergic to Cashew, Pistachio, Kiwi

DS#3 - Allergic to Milk, Egg, Peanut, Tree Nuts and Sesame

• Green. 

Eons ago I saw a Nest bio with a beautiful dining room painted in a mossy green color. I fell in love with it and painted my dining room the same.  Then we moved.  I painted the new dining room a similar color, the half bath and the kitchen is a lighter version of that color.  

I have to make a conscious effort to NOT choose green for every room in my house.  It's just what I love.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Definitely blue. I tend to gravitate toward oceany blues and calming blue-greens. I also love a classic blue and white color palate.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagenonasimonsen:
    My signature color is light green - kelly green. I have green eyes which is where my signature color came from. We have green walls, green polos for my DH and son, and green throw pillows on our couch. I accent with espresso furniture and lots of white linens, towels, curtains, etc. Green and white together are my favorite.

Kelly green for me too! :-) It looks best on me- Right now I am wearing Khakis and a Black boat neck shirt with a kelly green shirt under it. I look much better w/ that outfit than if I were just in khaki/black.

I have neutral walls and touches of kelly green, white, cream, dark wood & some purple (deep purple).

• Red.  I love it.

My dining room has a red accent wall and the walls in my kitchen are red.  We also painted our front door red and pretty much all of the accents in me home are red- curtains, pillows, etc.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Red.

I have three red purses,  who-knows-how-many red shirts, a red coat, red paint in the dining room, red collars on the dogs.....

SAHM to DD1 (7), DS (5) and DD2 (1)
  • For our bedroom and master bath, I always gravitate toward blues. Our living room, kitchen and main bath, I always end up with greens. Guess I like cool colors when it comes to decorating.
    BFP#1 7/09 DS born 3/30/10 BFP#2 5/11 M/C 6/11 BFP#3 9/11 M/C 10/11 BFP #4 5/20/12 Pregnancy Ticker
  • I love country primitives so I gravitate towards black, bronzed or patina finishes, and oranges.

Any fall type color I love.

• The colors in our house are fall colors: pumpkin orange, chocolate brown, deep red, and gold. 

The colors in our room are blue. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers IAmPregnant Ticker
  • I tend to do a lot of "fall" yellows- as in the season.  Sort of squashy yellows...
  • I gravitate towards red as an accent color for a LOT of things, so our house is mostly tans, browns and/or black with red accents. The exception is our bedroom, which is tan, brown and sage. One time I tried to change our living room accent color to this blueish turquoise from a painting I liked- but when I went shopping everything I liked was red. Oh well- stick with what you know I guess!!
    imageimage
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

DD born 4/25/11
    m/c 8/10/13 at 5.5 weeks
    missed m/c 4/15/14 at 11.5 weeks, D&C 4/17/14
    BFP 6/22/14, Scheduled c/s 2/23/15, It's a Girl!!  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"