1st Trimester

TMI...sorry...constipation?!?

Is anyone else super duper constipated? I'm normally pretty regular, but now it hurts to go. Is this normal?!?

Sorry again if I grossed you out. DH doesn't like to hear it, LOL!

Pregnancy Ticker BabyFetus Ticker

Re: TMI...sorry...constipation?!?

• It's normal! Take some calcium pills! I take 3 a day and they keep me real regular! It's hard when you can't have your coffee in the morning!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Great advice...lots of water and juice...that I can do. Thanks!
  • Loading the player...
  • Ditto on the water!  Colace is a safe stool softener.  You can also try prune, pear, or plum juice.  Pears are also the highest packed of fiber per a serving fruit!
    Mini me DD 4/17/08 BFP 12/27/10 m/c @ 8 wks, d&c 2/3/11 BFP 7/6/11 EDD 3/17/12 DS born 3/8/12 Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • In the same boat : ( started taking stool softeners my doctor suggested..good luck!
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Should I take a fiber supplement? Or one of those softner things? Is that even safe?
  • imagepeke1101:
    In the same boat : ( started taking stool softeners my doctor suggested..good luck!

What did they recommend?

• imageNMom2Bee:

imagepeke1101:
    In the same boat : ( started taking stool softeners my doctor suggested..good luck!

What did they recommend?

I bought generic colace pills at target..just started take them and I can feel a little difference already 

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I bought fiber one bars once food started sounding good and they work wonders.
  • imagekatyb0515:
    I bought fiber one bars once food started sounding good and they work wonders.

I just bought the fiber one brownies and they're yummy.

And I'll def. go and purchase Colace. Hopefully things will get better.

Thanks again ladies! Wink

• I go by a mug of hot lemon water-everyday. Make sure its real fresh lemons. you ll be going in no time and its totally safe
  • Ask your doctor about taking Miralax daily. I have to. Be careful with calcium pills (I also take those because I take stomach injections and calcium pills are good for bone strength but make you stopped up!!)

DRINK WATER!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"