March 2012 Moms
Options

Baby's heartbeat?

I just got my doppler today and I was able to pick up a rate of more than 150, but never got above like 160 or so...baby's heartbeat or mine?  I think its too high to be mine, but since this is my first time using the doppler, I'm not too sure.

What about you ladies?  What was your reading at about 9-10 weeks?

TIA!

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Baby's heartbeat?

• Options
    you are 60-80ish, baby is 120-160ish. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I wouldn't worry about the beats per minute... I would be more concerned with the sound. The babys HB should sound like a train (chuga chuga). Try taking your pulse on your neck at the same time. If the rhythm matches the swosh of the doppler its probably your HB. If its much faster its probably your LO.

25 People Who Haven't Quite Figured Out Parenting Yet

Lilypie - (TIAf)

Lilypie - (95p4)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I got mine today also and I'm 10w6d. You can def tell the difference between our pulse vs. the sweet baby's. Our's is steady, like a pulse. The baby's is fast, like the "chuga, chuga' as mentioned before. On my dopler, I can pick up both at the same time. What a beautiful song! :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    I just had my doppler last week at 12 weeks and the baby's heartbeat was around 150.  The baby's heartbeat about double yours!

Married DH September 2008
    DD1 Born March 2012
    DD2 Due November 2014

image         image

imageimage

• Options

Unless you ran around the block or did a speed session of jumping jacks right before pulling out the doppler, that's baby.

Your's should be a much slower woosh.  Like PP mentioned, my first thought when we heard baby's HB was it sounded like a train.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I got the Sonoline B 3mhz off of ebay - pd about $57 and it was brand new. 

Sorry!  Not sure how to post link.  :(    eastshoremedical was the business name on ebay if that helps.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"