Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

How did it start?

So I'm just over 5 weeks. Saturday I had some cramping, but figured it was just pregnancy symptoms kicking in, like constipation. Have been totally fine until today. I started having some light cramping earlier and then started spotting bright red. I guess I've always been worried so far that this pregnancy wouldn't be sustainable even though I have no history and no family history (that I know of) for miscarriages. I called my new doctor's office since i never had this with my first pregnancy and they want me to come in tomorrow for a rohgam injection and ultrasound. I tend to like to be in control, so I'm trying to prepare myself for the u/s tomorrow. I guess I'm just wondering how did it start for some of you who were early on?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: How did it start?

• I started with spotting light pink, but no cramping.  That was last night.  This morning when I got up it was the same, but as I was driving DS to daycare I started to cramp pretty bad.  Discovered lots of blood.  Went to the doc, and by 11 I was passing clots.  Mine progressed fairly quickly.  I was 6w1d today.  I hope everything is ok with you and you aren't suffering from a m/c.  Lots of T&P your way.
    Gabriel Joseph 6/13/2010
    BFP#2: 8/14/11 M/C 8/30/11 6w1d
    BFP #3: 10/26/11
    Beta #1 @11dpo: 22 Beta #2 @13dpo: 90 Beta #3 @17dpo: 480
    Missed m/c 12w3d 12/28/11, d&c 12/30/11
    dx Homozygous C677T MTHFR image image
  • Thank you for the T&P and I'm so sorry for your loss... sending many T&P your way too. I'm definately trying to prepare for the worst. I keep trying to remind myself that everything happens for a reason, good or bad.

• Loading the player...
  • I was 5w when I miscarried. I woke up to period-like cramping and lots of blood. I had experienced very mild cramping from the beginning, but had no spotting at all. I hope that your spotting is nothing and that everything turns out ok. Thoughts & prayers to you.
    BFP #1 8-18-11 m/c 8-28-11
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Unfortunately, family history is no indicator of how healthy your pregnancy will be. My m/c really started on the 16th of this month, at what should have been 7w1d. The baby looked healthy but it was measuring small. The bleeding continued until 8/25 when it really started to pick up in intensity. Friday (8/26) I started having a few contractions but they stopped when I went to bed. I had contractions all day Saturday and they reached their peak Saturday night. (They were very, very painful. It was basically labor.) I'm still experiencing bleeding, which is normal.

Keep in mind that not all bleeding = m/c. A lot of women have some bleeding and end up with perfectly healthy pregnancies. GL, hope everything goes well.

• Started with a heavy flow of dark red blood the day after a perfect ultrasound. I'd been cramping off and on for the entire (admittedly short) time I'd been pregnant- so cramps weren't unusual- but they were there... but the blood got my attention. I had an ultrasound within an hour and there was still a gestational sac/fetal pole but we couldn't find the heartbeat (which wasn't surprising- it had taken a lot of looking to find it the day before- almost too early to see- and this was just a quick look).

The rest of the day was pretty awful blood/clotting wise but I did as the doc recommended and kept my feet up and drank a lot of water. There's not much that can be done to stop an early miscarriage, but having something to "do" helped. The next day I had a follow up ultrasound to confirm if the pregnancy was holding on- and my uterus was empty.

I had a lot more (early) ultrasounds than most people would because I was already under the care of an RE and that was part of the OB care he offers.

Nothing really prepared me though- even knowing that it was highly likely that we'd lost the baby because of the massive clotting/blood loss didn't really make it any easier to hear my nurse tell me that it was over. I hope you never have to hear that.

Friends for 15 years. Married 8. TTC since January 2009
    2010 Diagnosis: Anovulation and Severe MFI
    2011 Treatment:
    IVF w/ICSI #1 Antagonist: 2 blasts - c/p - BFN 04.22
    FET #1: 1 blast/1 early blast - BFP 06.22 - m/c 06.30 @6w0d
    07-11 RPL: MTHFR C677T Heterozygous & Slightly elevated ACLA IgM
    FET #2: 1 morula - BFN: 9.02

January '12: IVF #2
    Started BCP and Metformin (New!) 12-14 for stimming in January

Dum spiro, spero.
    ?SAIF/PAIF/PgAL/PAL always welcome?
  • Mine started with light spotting for several days.  After having an u/s to confirm there was no growth I started bleeding heavily.
    imageimage

TTC #1 since 5/10
    BFP #1 7/22/11 - EDD 4/2/11 - M/C 8/15/11 (7w0d)
    BFP #2 9/23/11 - EDD 6/5/12 ♥It's a Girl♥
    BFP #3 2/20/13 - EDD 11/2/13 ♥It's a Girl♥
  • I had very light brown spotting for a few days (my doctor was not concerned because some women bleed brown or pink throughout their pregnancny). Once I wiped and saw a little red. The doctor gave me an u/s the next day (7 weeks, 6 days) and it appeared that I was having a blighted ovum (just an empty gestational sac).

I decided to wait a little before making a discussion. Nothing ever happened after 10 days so I had a D&C when I would have been 9 weeks, 6 days. I hear that many people don't bled on their own with blighted ovum.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP #1 6.19.11 ~ EDD 2.23.12 ~ CP on 6.22.11
    BFP #2 7.23.11 ~ EDD 3.28.12 ~ MC on 8.16.11
    BFP #3 11.17.11~ EDD 7.31.12 ~ MC on 1.18.12
    BFP #4 4.12.12 ~ EDD 12.25.12~ Born on 12.26.12
  • Thank you everyone. My "motherly instinct" is kind of telling me that this is over due to the light bleeding and cramps, so we'll see how today goes. Even though everything started happening less than 24 hours ago, I do believe that it's all part of Gods plan and everything happens for a reason. This will be the longest six hours of work before my doctor's appointment ever!
  • I had very light brown spotting in the morning.  By 4pm that afternoon I was feeling crampy and uneasy.  Went to the bathroom and saw red.  It got worse and worse, and by midnight I had miscarried. 
    MFI and (now) AMA
    IVF 1 April 2011 - Cancelled
    IVF 1.5 July 2011 - MC
    IVF 2 October 2011 - BFP!
    *Identical Twin Boys born June 2012*
    Here we go again...IVF 3 is underway!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"