March 2012 Moms
Options

Awesome Constipation Help!

So, I know I'm not the only one who has been having some issues with going #2 this pregnancy and I wanted to share this recipe my parents gave me.  My grandmother has GI issues and her doctor prescribed this concoction to help her regulate:

2 cups fine oat bran (I got mine from Wegmans: https://www.wegmans.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10052&catalogId=10002&productId=358028 )

2 cups unsweetened apple sauce

1 cup prune juice

Mix it all together and store in a tupperware container in your fridge.  Take 1-2 Tablespoons daily in the morning.

It's really easy and although I was initially kind of freaked out by the taste I really like it now.  Plus, it works!

HTH!

Re: Awesome Constipation Help!

• Options
    I am totally trying this. Only 1-2 tbsp?!
    DS 04.25.08 DS 03.14.12 missed m/c 9w1d :: 6.18.10 :: d&c | missed m/c 9w3d :: 11.2.10 :: d&c
  • Options

Interesting, I'll have to keep that in mind.

Just curious but does prune juice taste good?  I've never had it and I am tempted to get some and try it but worried that it will be gag worthy which would mean I wouldn't drink it.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yup!  I've been taking 2 because I'm so backed up (sorry for the TMI), but I've had no problem going now and it's so wonderful!
  • Options
    imagejajsundevil:

Just curious but does prune juice taste good?  I've never had it and I am tempted to get some and try it but worried that it will be gag worthy which would mean I wouldn't drink it.

I don't mind prune juice, but I might be in the minority.  The apple sauce kind of dulls the taste, too.

• Options
    You know what else I've found to be effective? V-8 Vfusion. I drink a glass and go within an hour. I actually have to buy more and it tastes good.
  • Options
    imagejajsundevil:

Prune juice tastes OK but it's the aftertaste that is disgusting. It tastes very irony to me, like blood. Gross.

I just eat a few prunes a day, I think they taste better than the juice!

• Options
    imageRegne:
    imagejajsundevil:

Prune juice tastes OK but it's the aftertaste that is disgusting. It tastes very irony to me, like blood. Gross.

I just eat a few prunes a day, I think they taste better than the juice!

IndifferentIck!

I have a thing about blood so that right there might turn me off trying it.  Looks like V8 Fusion and dried fruit for me...along with everything else I'm already trying.

• Options
    I may have to try this! Was hoping the doctor could tell me something good to take on Friday. I've been drinking prune juice and its nastyyyy Nd brown and has a gross sweetness. Not to mention the horrible pains that come with prune juice.

Married: 5/09 ~ TTC Since: 10/10 ~ PCOS ~ Progesterone from 10/10 - 2/11 ~ HSG on 3/18 - Clear ~ Started Metformin 1000mg & Clomid 50mg 2/11 ~ Metformin upped to 1500mg 4/6 ~ 6/7 Now going to SG and put on Clomid, Ovidrel, Gonal F, Prometrium, Estrace ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP!!!!!! March 6th our little man was born. 

6/17/13 - Ovidrel, Follistim, Prometrium ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP! March 17th our St. Pattys day baby arrived

10/29/17 - Started process for IVF, got pregnant & miscarried a 2nd time since summer. 2/22 started stims - Menopur, Gonal F, Cetrotide - retrieval 3/6 - , PIO, estrace 3xday - FET 4/18 = Beta 1: 616; Beta 2: 1342 = BFP 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"