High-Risk Pregnancy

GD: high #'s for a few days...call the DR??

my numbers have been crappy since Sunday.   I haven't been the best about eating on schedule b/c i'm on bed rest now for pre-e also.  so i've been napping /sleeping later than usual and have eaten meals later and skipped some snacks.  

i'd say that i've had about 8-9 readings in the 130-140's after meals that normally are not a problem.  I know that stress can affect your #'s and being on bed rest w/ a toddler is definitely stressing me out. plus we had no power b/c of the Hurricane and that didn't help either.  not sure if i should just buckle down and be really good for a few days to see if that helps or if i should call them based on the last few days.  anyone had a crappy few days and then go back to normal? I don't go back to my OB til next Wed.  thanks ladies!  

imageimage

Re: GD: high #'s for a few days...call the DR??

• I would call. They may want you on meds or reduce the carbs a little. It's better to call them then your baby get any bigger when there is no need right?
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am in a similar situation.  About 3-4 high readings in the same range.  We haven't had power since Sunday, so I know I have been a little off-plan.  Depending on take-out and not having refrigeration for proteins makes life with GD much more difficult.  I can tell by looking at my food logs that it was definitely what I was eating and lack of exercise.  I am just getting back on track today.  I am going to monitor the next few days, back following the plan closely, and if my readings are still high, I will call.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

FACEBOOK FEB 12 BUMPIES ADMIN - POST & PM ME TO JOIN 

• Loading the player...
  • It could be outside factors, but the numbers are still the numbers, so I would call.  I never had this issue, but was told that if I had two high readings in a week to call.  GL!
    DS born via c/s 11/08 and med-free GD VBAC DD 3/11! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Since the #s are high from meals that you normally eat I would call.  Even though you've had some added stress it could be that you need a little bit of meds to help even you out.  Or they might say to give it a few more days since your condition with the pre-e has changed your routine.  You're obviously moving around less and expending less calories so maybe you just need to reduce the carbs to get it back on track.  GL!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"